How to change layout of external / physical bluetooth keyboard?

simonhf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I can successfully bluetooth pair the bluetooth keyboard and use it. However, I would like to change the bluetooth keyboard layout to a different one. Googling reveals that Android should have a sub menu in the 'Settings', 'Language & input' menu called 'Physical Keyboard'... but on the Zenfone 2 there is no sign of it. Interestingly, if I navigate to 'Language & input' and click on the search icon in the top right hand corner, and then type 'physical' and the result pops up 'Physical keyboard'. If I click on the result then it takes me to the 'Language & input' menu... but there is no 'Physical keyboard' sub-menu :-( Is this a bug in Lollipop or the Zenfone 2? How to change the bluetooth keyboard layout? Or how to get the 'Physical Keyboard' menu to appear?

helishmelon

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi simonhf,

Not sure how close to stock android your phone is, but I can confirm that in Settings > Language & input under the Keyboard & input methods there is a Physical keyboard section that allows you to click on your bluetooth keyboard and select your keyboard layout for the physical keyboard, I'm using Sony Z3.

If you still can't locate the settings, there's an app available in the Play Store called External Keyboard Helper Demo/Pro, that I'm currently using which I'm finding extremely useful, it gives you the option of selecting a keyboard layout for your bluetooth keyboard (it also works for USB keyboards) and you can create application and text shortcuts and remap your keys to other characters.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty