Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE550KL) vs Lenovo A7000. Which should I get?

A

AC Question

Hi there! First off, let me state that I have never used an Android phone before. I have been using my previous phone (Iphone 4s) for 5 years and prior to that I have been using Nokia phones. However, last week I dropped my Iphone 4s and broke it.

Instead of opting to have it repaired, I decided to switch/buy an Android phone instead, as most of my friends advised to do so.

I have narrowed down my choices to atleast 3 phones, the aforementioned Zenfone 2 Laser, Lenovo A7000, and the Alcatel Flash 2. Among the 3, I am inclining more on the Zenfone 2 Laser just because it's from ASUS, and I have always had good experiences with my ASUS products (albeit those are PC related).

In your opinion which among these phones should I get? They cost about the same here in our country (with the exception of the Alcatel Flash2 which is much much cheaper). Please help an Android noob decide. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't know much about the Lenovo or the Alcatel phones, but I would still agree and recommend the ASUS. I have a ZenFone 2, which has been quite good, and generally problem-free. On top of that, ASUS has been very good about system updates to address minor bugs as well as to add various features. Not sure how good Lenovo and Alcatel are at keeping their phones updated, but they're almost certainly not as good.

The ZenFone 2's also have a really good camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty