Anyone on here have the Zenfone Deluxe 5.7?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to see if anyone personally has the Deluxe 5.7 version on here? If you have it, please let me know what you think of it, Pros and Cons. I'm on the fence between it and the Moto Z Play right now. Thanks for any help

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Anyone on her have the Zenfone Deluxe 5.7?

Just wanted to see if anyone personally has the Deluxe 5.7 version on here? If you have it, please let me know what you think of it, Pros and Cons. I'm on the fence between it and the Moto Z Play right now. Thanks for any help
Sorry. That should read HERE not HER. I'm a typo freak and I just did it myself lol.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Wow this whole Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe section has been dead for over a month. Does anyone actually own one of these phones, well in the US anyway? I'm sure that at least probably 10 people in Taiwan own one.

chili_red

May 6, 2011
Visit site

I actually received mine yesterday Feb 1st, so far very impressed with it. I also have a Pixel XL to compare it to and it's holding up well.

chili_red

May 6, 2011
Visit site

oops I meant the 31st, I'm a day off :O

I'd also have to say the the daytime photos, what I have taken are better than the Pixel.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I actually received mine yesterday Feb 1st, so far very impressed with it. I also have a Pixel XL to compare it to and it's holding up well.

Thanks for replying to this thread, this phone has been hard to get real life reviews on. Are you in the US? which carrier are you using it on? My biggest concern with this phone is the hidden antennas or they way they are placed around the edge of the phone, I really need a phone that I can depend on as a phone, cell signal is number one on my list, battery life number 2. I can live with short comings elsewhere. Please drop a line back here when you've spent a few days using it on a regular basis, all the Android websites pretty much seemed to use, judge and write up the review the same day. Thank you for your input.

chili_red

May 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm in the US, in MS, using Cricket Wireless. I had gone to Sams Club this afternoon and that happens to be a place my phones usually have problems with getting a really good signal. I ran a speed test and it maxed out the 8gb speed cap Cricket has and I almost never get that with any of the other phones I've tested. So far no problems signal wise, but it only been a couple days now. I'll be testing that aspect out heavily as my wife, after handling the phone, want's one and she works in areas that have notoriously bad signals around here.
Battery wise it's been been really good. I took it off the charger at 8am, took a few test pictures, ran some speed tests, used hangouts a few times, "most of my normal stuff, and at 11:38pm CST it's sitting at 78%. WiFi and Bluetooth are on and my location settings are set for maximum accuracy. No complaints with the battery so far. I'll keep updating with my observations.

chili_red

May 6, 2011
Visit site

So far the ZenFone is working out great, the battery life "for me" is very close to the Pixel XL, it looses around 6% overnight. I leave Bluetooth and WiFi on all the time, and have the phone set to for "Do not Disturb", after midnight till 7am. I'm not a gamer "at least not on the phone", I have a gaming desktop and laptop for that, so I have no input about battery life and gaming. I do check the news, weather, email, Google Hangouts, usually take a few photos.
I also have apps that constantly update, my Fitbit Charge 2, alarm system, and security cameras, weather, etc.. I did notice that you have to manually allow these apps to update as the Asus power management program will not automatically allow them to refresh in the background, "I like that feature after getting use to it", none of my other phones did that. I was actually the opposite on them, I had to manually go in and pick which ones not to run in background.

The UI is really decent, it reminds me a lot of Nova Launcher, and has a lot of options to pick from to customize all of your home screens, enough to where I wouldn't use Nova which I do on the Pixel.

As for the camera I've posted some links to a couple photos taken just a couple minutes apart.
ZenFone
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Bh8pIKcQE7cFdBRlZxbFVIR3M/view?usp=sharing

Pixel
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Bh8pIKcQE7YXpEeGRhdkFzazA/view?usp=sharing

Crop of image showing thermometer to the left of the picture. The Pixel is on the left and the ZenFone on the right.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Bh8pIKcQE7ejRQeGx1dXF3VlU/view?usp=sharing

You can judge for yourself but the ZenFone pictures are closer to real life the Pixels photos have more of a reddish hue to them.

Hope this information helps out.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I'm in the US, in MS, using Cricket Wireless. I had gone to Sams Club this afternoon and that happens to be a place my phones usually have problems with getting a really good signal. I ran a speed test and it maxed out the 8gb speed cap Cricket has and I almost never get that with any of the other phones I've tested. So far no problems signal wise, but it only been a couple days now. I'll be testing that aspect out heavily as my wife, after handling the phone, want's one and she works in areas that have notoriously bad signals around here.
Battery wise it's been been really good. I took it off the charger at 8am, took a few test pictures, ran some speed tests, used hangouts a few times, "most of my normal stuff, and at 11:38pm CST it's sitting at 78%. WiFi and Bluetooth are on and my location settings are set for maximum accuracy. No complaints with the battery so far. I'll keep updating with my observations.
What part of MS are you from? That's where I'm located too. I'm not far from Jackson or I'm located in Brandon just east of Jackson. I've now got my two phones narrowed down to the Deluxe and Huawei mate 9 now. Tough decision to make but reading what you guys have to day about the deluxe is pretty tempting I have to say. Plus it's $100 bucks cheaper than the mate 9 too.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Right now I have the Honor 8 and the Moto Z Play. Both great devices but I've been wanting one of those two others for a while now. The mate 9 is 5.9 inches and I have to wonder if that is just too big. What I'd really like is the deluxe special edition with the 821 processor. I bet that device is blazing fast.

chili_red

May 6, 2011
Visit site

What part of MS are you from? That's where I'm located too. I'm not far from Jackson or I'm located in Brandon just east of Jackson. I've now got my two phones narrowed down to the Deluxe and Huawei mate 9 now. Tough decision to make but reading what you guys have to day about the deluxe is pretty tempting I have to say. Plus it's $100 bucks cheaper than the mate 9 too.

Very familiar with Brandon, I'm in Ridgeland.
I very seriously considered the Mate 9 also, but a few things kept me from purchasing it over the Asus.
First the Asus uses a AMOLED screen, it looks nicer "IMHO" over the IPS screen of the Mate, it also has blue light shield which I really like.
Second the Asus has hardware buttons the Mate 9 uses on screen buttons and after having many of both types of phones I much prefer hardware buttons, the on screen ones take up too much screen space.
And finally the price, I got the Asus very reasonably by purchasing an open box model off Amazon Warehouse Deals, it saved me another $100 and I was lucky enough to get one that looked brand new, just no box.
Asus was great about it too, when I attempted to register the phone in my name their site showed it was already registered with someone else. I emailed Asus support and they reset the registration so I could register it and gave me the full warranty. I don't know of many or any other company that will do that.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Very familiar with Brandon, I'm in Ridgeland.
I very seriously considered the Mate 9 also, but a few things kept me from purchasing it over the Asus.
First the Asus uses a AMOLED screen, it looks nicer "IMHO" over the IPS screen of the Mate, it also has blue light shield which I really like.
Second the Asus has hardware buttons the Mate 9 uses on screen buttons and after having many of both types of phones I much prefer hardware buttons, the on screen ones take up too much screen space.
And finally the price, I got the Asus very reasonably by purchasing an open box model off Amazon Warehouse Deals, it saved me another $100 and I was lucky enough to get one that looked brand new, just no box.
Asus was great about it too, when I attempted to register the phone in my name their site showed it was already registered with someone else. I emailed Asus support and they reset the registration so I could register it and gave me the full warranty. I don't know of many or any other company that will do that.
Man I believe you just sold me now. That is great customer service. I can't say that for Huawei honor. Hey it's a small world. I thought I was the only MS guy on here lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non