Asus Zenpad S 8.0 microphone not working ( mic)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the first run models. It it's my second one I got it as a replacement for my first one that the home key area keep haven't phantom key presses. So when I was in an app the home key would start flashing and it would take me to the home screen.

Back to the current problem the microphone I was able to gain the OK Google voice model the other day so I know it was working. However today the mic will not work at all. I just tried a reboot and no other programs are working. I am also completely updated.

Now I just have to figure if I want to return it now or wait a few weeks. The mic on a tablet is not that important of a feature and maybe it is a software issue.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a bit worrisome. Have you tested the mic in other ways, like recording a video, or using a voice recorder app? Have you checked the mic opening to make sure it isn't blocked by debris?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, very unfortunate. I tried the video recorder as well. Like I said it was working but then it stopped. I will be taking it back and get another one, but maybe wait a week or so.

I do love this device.

android Gator

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I picked up this tablet today. When I got home and fired it up, there are no apps pre-installed on it. Not even the Google Play Store app. Nothing. And it have 5.0 installed instead of 5.1. There are a few developer apps/tools pre-installed on it. Not sure what I got. And when I go into settings it appears as if the settings are for a phone. I'm like WTF.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
That is strange..... Maybe factory reset it. 5.0 is the sock software. It doesn't have 5.1 yet.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I picked up this tablet today. When I got home and fired it up, there are no apps pre-installed on it. Not even the Google Play Store app. Nothing. And it have 5.0 installed instead of 5.1. There are a few developer apps/tools pre-installed on it. Not sure what I got. And when I go into settings it appears as if the settings are for a phone. I'm like WTF.

The big question here is where did you get it? If it was an online retailer or eBay seller, I'd be concerned that it was a used device that someone rooted and installed a custom ROM, or it's a counterfeit. Return it for a refund or exchange if you can.

orominio9

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Did you returned ? Or did you manage to fix the mic ? I have de Zenpad s 8 and I have the same problame, also the quick setting is inaccesible.