Nookie Froyo Internal Memory vs CD Card?

amoricaorbust

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried installing Nookie Froyo on the internal memory of the NC? The ?how to? thread is a little barren on comments.

Are there significant speed increases running off the internal memory? My NC running off the SD with a 8 gig class 4 card is almost unusable. Market Apps take forever to install and there?s a 2 ? 10 second lag between selecting an app and before that app is usable. Mostly for internet required apps. Even if the Wifi is on it seems to take a little time for the app to find the hook. Leaving WiFi on all the time does not appear to make this any better.

Not to mention transferring apps to and from the SD partition is a real pain!

Buying a Class 10 card an option I rather not take at this time.

Thanks,

BugsBunny891

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
i have also been wondering this. Im not interested n having to go buy a class 10 sd card but if installing into the internal memory would allow me to finally download in an reasonable ammount of time i would try it.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
It's much faster and smoother from internal memory than it is on a class 10 card. That said, it's more complicated and you're doing more serious stuff to your nook by installing internally. So it'll depend how comfortable you are with the process and any risk involved.

justin926

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
It's much faster and smoother from internal memory than it is on a class 10 card. That said, it's more complicated and you're doing more serious stuff to your nook by installing internally. So it'll depend how comfortable you are with the process and any risk involved.

im completely comfortable with the entire rooting/ installing internally process, but i was just curious about, besides downloading speeds, what else is improved when running from the nook itself as opposed to the SD? i have an 8 gig class 10 SD card and plan on getting a nook on friday when i get my paycheck... i just want to know what approach i should be looking into more.