Web Browser Crashes

tomwest76

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am running Nookie Froyo Internal. When I go into the web browser and try to go to Google the browser crashes. I can go to other web sides just not Google. I have tried clearing the browser chache and still crashes. Anybody had this happen and have any ideas?

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am running Nookie Froyo Internal. When I go into the web browser and try to go to Google the browser crashes. I can go to other web sides just not Google. I have tried clearing the browser chache and still crashes. Anybody had this happen and have any ideas?

I'm getting the same thing :(

Running Nookie Froyo on internal memory

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
What image did you guys install it from? That was a bug in 0.5.8 that was fixed in 0.5.9. I thought all my posts led you to the latter, but let me know if a 0.5.8 snuck in there somewhere.

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I put instructions for pushing vold (should fix this issue) in the OP of "Install Nookie from internal memory."

I thought the "vold" fix was for the damaged SD card error? This should fix the browser issues? Any idea also why I cant install Angry Birds? Even with Titanium?

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought the "vold" fix was for the damaged SD card error? This should fix the browser issues? Any idea also why I cant install Angry Birds? Even with Titanium?

Yeah, on second thought, you might have to stick with the google force closes unless you want to install it via another method. My brain was on Mars when I added that "fix." :/

The easiest work-around is to set your user agent to desktop, using a 3rd party browser. If you want to stick with the stock browser, just search via search widget (or softkeys search button) instead of navigating to google.

You could always install Nookie via one of the more complicated methods, as I know the images there are from the most recent update.

Apparently he made this zip from 0.5.8. :(

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, on second thought, you might have to stick with the google force closes unless you want to install it via another method. My brain was on Mars when I added that "fix." :/

The easiest work-around is to set your user agent to desktop, using a 3rd party browser. If you want to stick with the stock browser, just search via search widget (or softkeys search button) instead of navigating to google.

You could always install Nookie via one of the more complicated methods, as I know the images there are from the most recent update.

Apparently he made this zip from 0.5.8. :(

Dang, I just spent the better half of my afternoon flashing via clockwork mode and using that zip and now installing all of my apps, and its not the most recent ver ? Bummer , But running Dolphin or some variant should remedy the issue?

slimxwhitman

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
What I did was just went to a different website, and then changed my browser homepage from google.com to anything else. That way I can start my browser fine, and when I want to search something I just type it in the address bar and it will automatically search google, so there is really no actual need to go to google.com.. Problem /kinda/ solved :)