Initial loading from media provider failed

brdwygurl

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi, hope someone can help and that I haven't screwed up my nook too badly.

I rooted my nook running 1.1 a few days ago using the correct auto nooter and everything seemed to be working great. Today when I started my nook it was like it had been reset. No user data or owner listed, no books etc. I figured I had messed up the root somehow (I am new at this) so I did the 8 restarts to reset it to the factory setting. Thinking I would start over.

That seemed to go ok, it loaded the software but when it starts up it flashes on and off with an error message at the top "inital loading from media provider failed" then a string of code. I searched the forum and found another thread that had the same problem and it said they did the 8 resets again and it resolved it.

I did the 8 resets, and downloaded the software again, but I am still getting the error message.

Any suggestions? :'(
thanks~

Clyte

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Its not you

I had the same issue with my NookColor tonight. So I telephoned their customer service and was told to do a hard reset. Press your power button and the inverted horseshoe at the bottom of the nook at the same time for 20 seconds. After this power the device back on, if it continues to flash or you still have trouble....they want you to return the nook via mail to them and they send you a replacement/new one. The customer service rep. told that there is a problem with the software...

Hope the reset works for you...I have to send my device back to them

Reactions: lehons

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com
thanks for this thread.

this just happened to me as well. haven't even had a chance to start messing with it yet as i just bought it yesterday. pretty lame. was able to successfully perform a hard reset using steps above.

now im almost hesitant to root and flash a ROM.

meh.

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my NookColor tonight. So I telephoned their customer service and was told to do a hard reset. Press your power button and the inverted horseshoe at the bottom of the nook at the same time for 20 seconds. After this power the device back on, if it continues to flash or you still have trouble....they want you to return the nook via mail to them and they send you a replacement/new one. The customer service rep. told that there is a problem with the software...

Hope the reset works for you...I have to send my device back to them

Hey Clyte, had you done any mods to your Nook before calling customer service,
or, was it a virgin new NOOK?

lehons

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just ran into this problem after my NC reset itself (I had wiped my gmail account data to try and resolve a problem with the gmail app, then went into the shop to buy a magazine and it said something about a registration problem and needing to reset).
The 8 interrupted reboots went into the "initial loading from media" problem.
Deregistering through Settings > Device Info wasn't doing anything.
The hard reset worked.
Thanks