LogicPD Zoom2 Boot Loop

kg_jettaIV

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So I'm booting Honeycomb off SD and all was fine and dandy. I got Market setup and all was well.

Well I decided to get a little adventurous thinking there wasn't much to lose and decided to push the system folder for all the GApps in the Froyo walkthrough. Now my Nook just boot loops, each time displaying an activation screen with LogicPD Zoom2 then immediately rebooting.

I have an idea of what is wrong, its trying to run a Google activation when it boots up, but since its the wrong device is boot looping. What I'm looking for is what apk to take off the SD card and in what directory I would find it to get myself out of this pickle. I'm trying to avoid starting over with the Honeycomb build, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Thanks

kg_jettaIV

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So I'm thinking it may be OneTimeInitilizer.apk but am realizing I can't access the partition on the SD card directly from Windows. Any ideas

Edit: I may be able to get adb shell for a few seconds before reboot if that helps, I may be able to queue up the commands necessary and get them off in time.

Edit 2: Tried my (most likely wrong) attempt at the above idea. Created a batch file to mount as rw and then run adb uninstall /system/app/OneTimeInitializer.apk but it never worked. Either gave me Failure or "Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?" Going to bed for the night, hopefully some genius answers in the AM

Last edited:

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
There is a thread over on xda that will allow you to mount the various partitions. Also, you need to make sure you use a gapps package specifically for HC. There's a nice cwr flasshable package over there as well.
Sent from my Honey Nook via Tapatalk

justin926

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
did you try clearing dalvik and cache in CWM recovery? if you dont have it installed you can put it on an sd card and boot into recovery that way

kg_jettaIV

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I gave up and started over with Honeycomb, but can you tell me where to find instructions on how to boot CWM off SD, and for that matter if anyone knows where to get a good download for gapps that are compatible with HC?

glanceup

May 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've discovered that might help is that if you let the Nook run down to 15% or less battery power, it will flash a low battery icon.

Clicking on the low battery icon will take you from the LogicPD Zoom 2 welcome screen to the Android settings menu. Not sure what you can do from there, but it seems like progress...