Files on SD card gone on reboot

artbrymer

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

My nook color seems to discard any changes made to it upon reboot. I might watch a video and delete it when I am done, but on reboot it returns. Similarly, I might also download a file or two, and upon reboot these files are gone. Initially I rooted to Honeycomb, and after being unable to rectify the problem, went to Froyo figuring this would fix the problem. Nope, the problem came along for the ride.

The only unique thing I can think of is I use a Mac to put the files onto the drive, but OSX identifies the card as a FAT32 drive, as one might expect. It is also worth mentioning that it's a new card; it went directly from retail packaging to external thumb drive on the nook, wherupon the nook was powered on.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

artbrymer

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not running off the SD card, no.

I'll double-check the write switch on the card. I would have had to bump it accidentally from the time I pulled it out of the card reader, though. While certainly not impossible, it seems very unlikely.

Thanks for the speedy reply. iOS this device clearly AIN'T. I'm used to rapid text input on my iPhone, and there doesn't seem to be any predictive text option here. At this point, it's probably going back.

artbrymer

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Reality check time: Micro SD cards don't have a physical write-protect switch.

As a lark, I inserted a new 16GB card. The device informed me it could format the card, but failed to do so three times in a row.