Free Apps?????????????

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Because the nook doesn't have a constant internet connection so in app advertising doesn't cut it (enough) to make it worth giving away free on the nook. At least that's what I've read.

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Because the nook doesn't have a constant internet connection so in app advertising doesn't cut it (enough) to make it worth giving away free on the nook. At least that's what I've read.

That just doesn't sound right....I have plenty of free apps on my NC from the Market and from Amazon that don't have adds. I think B&N is charging for apps just because they can and if you don't root, then you have no other choice.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
they're charging $249 for what is now basically a tablet vs other companies who are selling tablets starting at $500, so charging for apps makes sense...

it's fairly simple to root them tho... so that's my choice!

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
That just doesn't sound right....I have plenty of free apps on my NC from the Market and from Amazon that don't have adds. I think B&N is charging for apps just because they can and if you don't root, then you have no other choice.

True, but then you were running an unsupported rooted device that didn't match there money making plans ;)

I'm curious of how it works on other real tablets that don't have a 3/4G connection (i.e. WiFi only). Will they get a limit set of apps as well.

In the end as you stated it comes down to money for the hardware vendor and the app vendor.

bigsmoove

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
just left B&N picking up a new one for the wife...chatting it up with the nook-guy behind the counter, who was very cool by the way, i asked this very same thing. his argument was that the 'nook store' mentioned that they had to pay the developers of angry birds for example, to allow angry birds to be available within the nook app store. so B&N has to get their money back, and some i guess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress