How to Root the Droid Bionic

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Used Pete's Tools. Got the following error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The System cannot find the file specified.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Petes_Motorola_Root_Tools.Main.TaskKill(String sCommand)
at Petes_Motorola_Root_Tools.Main.RestartADB()
at Petes_Motorola_Root_Tools.Main.btnRoot_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Pete's Motorola Root Tools
Assembly Version: 1.6.25311.379
Win32 Version: 1.06.25311.379
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Soon/Desktop/32bitBionicRoot/Pete's%20Motorola%20Root%20Tools.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box."

ann3dr33s

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this very wonderful post. I really enjoyed reading it and this is very informative. Keep it up and good luck.

dhytken

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung Fascinate. I am pretty happy with it and it is rooted. However, I was in the Verizon store yesterday, big mistake, and I was playing with the Bionic. I did the speed test on that 4G phone and the Charge and the dual processor kicked its @$$.

For those of you that have the Bionic and have used the Fascinate, would you switch or wait? Is the Bionic more stable?

Thanks.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

teegale

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to unroot and keep getting the same error on unroot step 3 of 4 (unfreezing apps)... FAIL!

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit is fixed

HELP!! :'(

foutse

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post on the forum but I have followed it for a long time. I just recently bought my Bionic and have been toying w/ the idea of rooting a phone. I followed the directions above and eventually was able to Root my phone. Everything seems to be working well other then I am receiving an error. While in a text message if I hit the Menu button and then hit call I receive this pop up "The application contacts storage (process com. Motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

It prevents me from calling that contact. I have deleted the conversations but im not sure of the next steps I should take. If anyone is able to shine some light on the topic I would be greatful. I have done some Googleing and.......Actually, I found it.

O well I got this message all written our and I might as well use it as my hello post!

bruinfan95

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Used Pete's Tools. Got the following error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The System cannot find the file specified.
got same error...

not to mention the exe file is titled "pete's motorola root tools" (not 'oneclick')
and the tool doesn't specify good for bionic.

please advise

bl024292

May 11, 2010
Visit site
ok, backed up my rooted droid x with ti backup. now the bionic does not want to recognize the card. i can see it in files, but even astro cannot see it. help please, root works great, even the unroot. but cannot restore, help.

poseidon0513

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to android and I tried rooting my bionic to remove bloatware and I keep getting this error message:

"ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit was fixed."

I tried googling around and I tried some adb commands but I would get errors for unspecified file paths or incorrect win32 application.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

YelloJeep

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I am totally new to smart phones and have had the Bionic for one day now. When I did the Motorolaoneclickroot AVG antivirus popped up and said SU was infected. Is this normal?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Any update on Mac procedure? I have a macbook at home and would prefer not to mess with this via company laptop.

edit - saw a procedure on rootwiki (ROOT/UNROOT Droid Bionic) that I think uses these same tools...? can anyone confirm? Also is it true you cannot unroot using OS X? That could be a problem later on if true.

Thanks!

^^Bump