How to Root the Droid Bionic

FNETHAN

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
ask and ye shall receive - if you're on 5.5.893 OS, there are a couple of ways to do this -

this, http://forums.androidcentral.com/bi...5-updated-lost-root-1-click-root-working.html

and/or, go over to rootzwiki and do a search for ROTA893 from user realbbb. Both of them are known to work.

If you're on a Mac, go to the rootzwiki thread "Released..." and download the latest "bionicrestorer" from CRPeck - this works as well on 893 (I can personally vouch for this one).

So all is not lost.... ;)

THANK YOU for the quick response, going to check it out now =D

FNETHAN

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
ask and ye shall receive - if you're on 5.5.893 OS, there are a couple of ways to do this -

this, http://forums.androidcentral.com/bi...5-updated-lost-root-1-click-root-working.html

and/or, go over to rootzwiki and do a search for ROTA893 from user realbbb. Both of them are known to work.

If you're on a Mac, go to the rootzwiki thread "Released..." and download the latest "bionicrestorer" from CRPeck - this works as well on 893 (I can personally vouch for this one).

So all is not lost.... ;)

Searched rota893 found his root, download, followed the simple instructions (never rooted before) and bam, all done!!!!! <3 lol kind of excited. I really appreciate the help, seriously. Is the an app I need to download to freeze or remove bloatware???

FNETHAN

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Titanium backup pro. Totally worth the price.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

Purchased Titanium backup pro, you're soooooo right, defiantly worth the 6 or 7 bucks or whatever i paid for it. Apps frozen, deleted, installed TOR and TOR browser too =D You have been a ton of help, I posted on another thread and got some guy just trolling telling me to read above and offered no help. I now have a rooted bionic and backup pro =D happy!!!!

Last edited:

preemoney126

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a droid bionic and i have been trying to root it with the one click root on a mac. But it is not working.is it another way to root my phone. I need help asap. I'm useing a mac. Thank you.

FNETHAN

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Verizon actually checks if your phone is rooted?

NO, they cannot tell OTA if its rooted but if you have a problem with it they might be able to tell if its rooted when you actually bring it into their store, depending on how smart your Verizon tech is =D

mud.pony

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Soooo.... with .902 out now who has the root for that???? Im a newbie rooter. Had my DroidX Rooted and recently have upgraded to the Bionic. Now I wanna root that, but just got this .902 update & from what I see everyone is saying there is no root for this one yet??

remember I'm a newbie, so spell it out for me till I grasp all this new lingo I'm a techy gal but no formal training. Thanks!

FNETHAN

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Right with you, I HAD it rooted and was planning on installing a different ROM today, imagine my surprise when I went to run Titanium Backup and whammo, no root access.. Blew my day

Depends on how savvy you are, but you can downgrade, root and upgrade in about an hour (maybe 1hr30min) if its worth it to you. Ive found an AWESOME tutorial over on droidforums and it has easy and working step by step instructions on how to do it. (his root doesnt work but I can tell you whos does and where to get it) If youre interested let me know I dont know if I can post links and such without being banned/kicked from this site

mud.pony

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
No need to go thru all that yall. Copinli posted in another thread this link:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

Just have TB installed & ready then use this link to root .902!!!

And then you can freeze or get rid of all this new bloat they put in.

This took less than 5 minutes to install on my bionic. :D

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

Since I've never rooted, before I embark on this, I would just like to understand the procedure:

Do I need Titanium Backup or Titanium Backup Pro?
Set the Phone to USB Debugging and then execute "run.bat" once the zip file is uncompressed?
That's it???

Thanks. -- Roy

mud.pony

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Since I've never rooted, before I embark on this, I would just like to understand the procedure:

Do I need Titanium Backup or Titanium Backup Pro?
Set the Phone to USB Debugging and then execute "run.bat" once the zip file is uncompressed?
That's it???

Thanks. -- Roy

Get the titanium backup pro. Its worth every penny plus some! Install it before you root. I also installed dropbox for back up purposes as Titanium syncs with it. I also installed busybox as titanium recommends it. Follow the instructions at the begining of this thread just using this root. It has helped me alot. Im kind of a newbie rooter.

Follow the basic instructions of rooting. Set your usb connect to charge only, turn on debugging mode.

Its been running fantastic for me!

dexterous

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info.

Just got the Droid Bionic last week, though I have rooted other devices.

Will this root work on a 64 bit XP machine? I noticed the other root tool at the beginning of this thread uses different files for 32 and 64 bit, and I don't want to brick my new phone.

Love the phone, BTW.

Update: took a risk, and it worked. Phone rooted. Ahhhhhh....

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So I've seen people mentioning downloading different applications in order to back up or do other things for the bionic for the rooting process or post-rooting. I've never rooted anything before but i understand the concept, I was wondering if it actually does cost anything to download any of these apps or if there was a place to get them from online for free or something

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok so the third step of petes program said it failed i downloaded some new support files and it still didnt work. If someone could provide specifics on what to do rather than "follow what it says" that would be awesome