Questions before i screw my phone up

astella

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Can some one tell me if rooting and getting the free wifi for my Bionic is safe.....i am not a tech but do understand some of what has been talked about. I understand the instructions but am concerned that if i run into a problem i will not be able to fix it.

Also does the phone lose it's. Personality. In other words does the appearances change and the operation change or does it still operate the same as long as you dont open one of the programing icons.

The main things i want to do is remove some bloat stuff and activate the wifi to be used on my unlimited data plan.

Any help would be greatful......the threads make it seem somewhat easy.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried petes 1 step root but it keeps tellg me i am missing an ADB. File......it just eont work....any help?

Make sure you didn't miss a step. Installing the appropriate drivers on your comp, make sure USB debugging enabled on phone, set to Charge Only when connected by USB, etc... sounds like you probably just missed something.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I keep getting an error ADB.EXE is missing when i hit the button root my phone

I ran into this as well. Make sure your one click root application is still in the same folder where the zip file is. Meaning the file you downloaded and extracted one click from. Don't move the one click app to your desktop

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

astella

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
i got it to work after dragging and dropping everything from winzip to the temp folder..........for some reason it wouldn't extract correctly. thanks for all your help. I do have one more question..I see in order to get rid of Bloat it tells me to download the TB program and to get free WIFI it tells me to download SQLite.....is there a single program that will do both? or are these application specific?

Thanks

astella

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
that's what I thought........I'm new to this so I appretiate all the info this site has provided.....i never rooted before and never had a phone rooted so I am happy I got the part done without any real problem. Now I go onto to freezing and free wifi. I haven't heard anyone with problems with the free wifi and there plans with verizon. I have the unlimited plan and have used PDA.NET and it works fine but using wifi will be much easier.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Be very careful about what apps you freeze. There's a sticky posted by corystreater. He states which ones are ok to freeze w/o affecting the os with force closes

Sent from my DROID BIONIC