ICS Rom question

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This may sound like a dumb question but I just wanted to clear something up in my own mind. I see several ICS Roms available for the bionic and here is my question. These are just "skins" that run on your bionic and look and feel like 4.0 ICS but aren't actually the ICS operating system correct? I mean if I install one of these Roms it may look like ICS on my phone but my phones operating system is still actually gingerbread? Just wanting to clear that up lol! Thanks!

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Dhacker's ICS and the android system is 4.0.3. In other words it is ICS. That's why some things don't work and there are bugs to fix. You definitely want to run safestrap and keep your stock system, though they're making great progress.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is actually ICS. However it is the basic ICS that a developer got a hold of and made work, and released. These developers are good, but don't have the resources that a company like Moto has, so they are kinda working on this stuff on their own. The good thing, is you won't get all the bloat ware that Moto and Verizion are going to load on it, however, you are at the mercy of the developer to get the bugs worked out. They are making leaps and bounds, just a few weeks ago, you couldn't even run a radio with the ICS rom. Now the only bug is the camera, and a few issues switching between 3 and 4 G. I am going to give it a little while longer before I load one of the ICS roms, let them get it done just a little bit better.
Sad part is, they will have it down better and sooner than it will be available to us...

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys, that answers my questions. I was just curious because ICS is supposed to fully utilize the bionics dual core processor and that is what I was concerned with. Right now I am rooted running eclipse 2.1 and the .902 update and I am very happy with my phone and its performance but I think ICS will make it even more awesome. thanks!!

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I kinda understand the way most of this works, but am new to actually doing it myself. I had all my iPhones jail broke and could do it blindfolded. I am running the Eclipse too, and so far so good. Man, that ROM woke this phone up. It is like having a new phone...