Any chance of Hub on other Android devices?

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I've used the Blackberry Z10 and Z30 and absolutely love the hub feature. Is there any chance that we will see a form of it in the app store for all Android devices? I would love to see a Blackberry launcher that utilizes some of the features that the Priv is coming through with. Any thoughts?

ubermanx

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
You are most definitely not the only one missing the Hub ... at this point in time, having a Blackberry Hub with all the same functionality it had on my Z10 would be my personal "killer app" for my Samsung S6. I would pay for that app. I would pay a lot for that app.

- Marty

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I've used the Blackberry Z10 and Z30 and absolutely love the hub feature. Is there any chance that we will see a form of it in the app store for all Android devices? I would love to see a Blackberry launcher that utilizes some of the features that the Priv is coming through with. Any thoughts?

of course it will not. Berry has it patented. Unless people pay them for the feature per device they sell.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
There were actually plans for the BlackBerry Experience suites of apps to be released for Android, iOS and Windows, before the PRIV was announced.

They haven't talked about them much, but Chen did just mention they have more plans for APPS for mobile, so I'm thinking they are still working on it. But their plans are to make money on these apps.. and it looked like there were going to be part of their BES subscription service.

So it is possible that soon you might be able to download some of the features being showed off on the PRIV.

BB-JAM215

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
In his Fox News interview today, Chen said they had several products coming out soon, and I don't think he was talking about hardware.

thurask

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hm, it's blue.

In his Fox News interview today, Chen said they had several products coming out soon, and I don't think he was talking about hardware.

I dunno, there's some unexplained device IDs floating around the Internet.

The question is not if they're planning something after the Priv, but if they're pulling the trigger.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry should release a BB10 launcher for Android devices. I would love the Hub with all that swipe, peak features, and notification badges. We would also have Google play services unlike BB10 devices. They can charge $15 for it and I'll gladly pay for it.

ASUS ZenFone 2 (4GB RAM)

bh7171

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
If the Priv is successful expect to see many different form factors of BlackBerry on Android with its features exclusive.

Posted via Android Central App

BigwhiteUK

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry keyboard, launcher and calender, with blackberry services , work great on my note4

Posted via the Android Central App

rustmonkey

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Folks at xda uploaded the apks. I'm also using the keyboard currently on my Note 3 and it works awesome. Missed it a lot when I had to leave my Z30. I'd post a link but don't have enough android central posts even though I've done hundreds on Crackberry lol.

jasperlin

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I'd post a link but don't have enough android central posts even though I've done hundreds on Crackberry lol.

lol, same thing. i was about to post but i don't have 10 posts yet. getting my 6P soon, this is going to be the first thing i'm going to do once i figure out how to use an android phone.

i really hope BlackBerry smartens up and sell this app on the google play store so they can make some money before everyone just uses this backdoor way of getting the app.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry should release a BB10 launcher for Android devices. I would love the Hub with all that swipe, peak features, and notification badges. We would also have Google play services unlike BB10 devices. They can charge $15 for it and I'll gladly pay for it.

ASUS ZenFone 2 (4GB RAM)
Yes I will pay a 25$ a year subscription for the lot.... May be even 35

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana