Third party text messaging app and Hub

SeltzerWater

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I've tried them all. Literally dozens. None integrate 100% properly into Hub. They all have one or more errors with Hub that make them unusable to me:

1. Opens to message list not specific message.
2. Returns to message list not Hub.
3. Opening MMS thread brings to compose MMS not the message.
4. New messages not marked yellow (Textra).

Messenger is the only one that works as designed. But I agree that Messenger is horrible. For me though, I use it because it plays properly with Hub.

This texting solution by BlackBerry is a disaster. They have to either integrate SMS into Hub or build their own SMS app that works right.

Posted via the Android Central App

heyjohnnybravo

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I've tried them all. Literally dozens. None integrate 100% properly into Hub. They all have one or more errors with Hub that make them unusable to me:

1. Opens to message list not specific message.
2. Returns to message list not Hub.
3. Opening MMS thread brings to compose MMS not the message.
4. New messages not marked yellow (Textra).

Messenger is the only one that works as designed. But I agree that Messenger is horrible. For me though, I use it because it plays properly with Hub.

This texting solution by BlackBerry is a disaster. They have to either integrate SMS into Hub or build their own SMS app that works right.

Yea I went through the ringer after making this post.

I hope they make a Hub update with an integrated SMS/MMS solution on the 14th!

SeltzerWater

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Yea I went through the ringer after making this post.

I hope they make a Hub update with an integrated SMS/MMS solution on the 14th!

That doesn't appear to be on the road map, at least certainly not for the 12/14 release. It's a shame, but for now it seems they're sticking to the use of Messenger. I wonder why. Building their own properly integrated SMS app would be pretty easy. Hell everyone and there mother makes an SMS app and dumps it in Google Play.

heyjohnnybravo

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't appear to be on the road map, at least certainly not for the 12/14 release. It's a shame, but for now it seems they're sticking to the use of Messenger. I wonder why. Building their own properly integrated SMS app would be pretty easy. Hell everyone and there mother makes an SMS app and dumps it in Google Play.

Just reeks of laziness if you ask me.