Blu Vivio Xi + w/Android Auto

realjet

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
My blu vivo xi+ won't connect to my Honda Fit Android auto. (My old phone connects fine Moto g6)
The only choice it shows on the phone is
1. Charge Only
2. Copy Files
3. View Photos.

I even tried usb tethering. Nothing works.

Any suggestions?

realjet

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I've installed the app on the phone. It will open up on the phone but the phone won't open up on the car.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6P at home, running Android 8. I'll have to try it in my Outback tonight and see if I can duplicate...

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I just tried my Nexus 6P in my 2021 Outback. As soon as I plugged it in I got a notice that the AA app needed to update (it had been a while since the phone had been turned on). Once that update was done it told me that Maps needed to update. I updated Maps and upon plugging it back into the car AA loaded and connected just as it does with my Pixel 4a 5G. The Nexus 6P is running Android 8.

I would check your cable(s) and vehicle settings.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The way my Outback works is that the Android Auto icon does not appear on the screen in the dash until the phone is plugged in. I also have it set to load the AA app on the car screen once it detects the phone being connected. How is your vehicle supposed to work?

If you connect JUST the Bluetooth does the phone then push a notification to indicate Android Auto is available and that you can plug in to enable it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not sure how to know if it's updated. The phone connects to bluetooth.

I purchased a iphone 11 and apple play works great.
Try go in setting of your car radio unit and see if you can see a software update toggle to check but u need to be in wifi range

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa