[Studio X5] Camera app wont open

Purecountry190

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
The other day I used my camera and it worked just fine front and rear facing both. The next day at work it wouldn't open I kept getting an error message saying please close any apps that use camera such as flashlight. Upon further inspection my stock flashlight app was gone from my menu and quick settings. So I went to settings and apps to find my stock camera app isn't there at all nor my flashlight app. Every now and then it will open front facing but not rear facing in Snapchat if i switch to rear facing the flash comes on and stays on and it crashes snapchat and the flash stay lit till i restart my phone. Snapchat only lets me use front facing sometimes after i reboot but not any other app including the stock camera. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please?? I have a blu studio x5 running lollipop I believe. It just says android version 5.1 also tried safe mode, same results. Tried factory resetting but didn't get a chance to try before google restored my contacts and all. Also the problem started I woke up one day and everything on my phone was different. Sometime during the night it had self installed a launcher called apus i figured this out with a lot of investigation so I deleted Apus and selected the factory launcher3 and a little later I needed to use my camera and it wouldn't work
Nothing is disabled or anything like that, I reset all disabled apps which changed all of the app permissions and what not back to original app settings and renabled all disabled apps.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Camera app wont open

I would try to backup any important data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Apus Launcher is frequently associated with adware/malware, so you might have inadvertently installed something malicious.

Do another factory reset, and then immediately after the Setup Wizard, go to the Play Store and stop any app from automatically installing. Now see if the problem persists. If it does, then it's possible that malware got installed to the root, which can be difficult to get rid of--you'd probably have to root the phone and reflash the stock ROM, if possible.