Moto G7 Play or Z3 Play?

DigbyTheDog

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
Not that I need a new phone, but I'm getting the itch for one. I've narrowed it down to either the Moto G7 Play or the Moto Z3 Play. They are both $0 on the "Silver" plan at Virgin Mobile (in Canada). Has the Z3 gotten Android 9 yet? I know the G7 is newer than the Z3, but it is also a less expensive phone (the Z3 is $500 more than the G7 if you buy it outright ). Would the hardware in the Z3 be comparable to the G7? Is the Z3 worth that much more than the G7? Based on them basically costing me the same (I know I pay for the phone through my monthly contract), which would you choose and why?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Do you have any intention of using Moto Mods, or not? If not, the G7 may be the better deal. Otherwise you'll just av ETO doing a way to cover the Moto Mod pins on the Z3 with something

DigbyTheDog

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
Thanks Scott, yeah, as neat as the mods are, I don't think I'd use them much. The most appealing are the battery and style shells, but I have a battery pack now that I like and cases cost the same, or less than, the style shells. Sounds like the G7 Play is the phone I want. Although, I do wish the carriers in my area had the G7. I know I can buy it from Motorola, but I really do want to put it on the plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member