Captivate Accessories?

SterlingSpring

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ya know save a few cases, I haven't seen a single accessory 1st party wise from Samsung at AT&T. And the accessories I want the Desktop Cradle and the GPS Mount dissapeared from the website..any reason why???

And there also seems to be a lack of accessories in general for this line..any reason why?

chrisharmful

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I think the phone is just too damn new for anyone to have made anything for it. And what few things there are out there, you have to order online. Case in point, I had to buy and invisible shield for it from Zagg directly because no one carries it yet. Same with the Body Glove case, I had to order that online when I first got my phone because there was nothing for it when it launched. I'm hoping that changes over the next few months because this phone is just too cool to ignore it.

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Very new im guessing, I really really want a plastic belt clip holder for this like i had for my nexus one, I just cant stand keeping my phone in my pocket but there are none as of right now. I would also love a desk dock, but on the gps mount im sure you could get a universal one, the universal one i had for my nexus works great with my captivate

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You can find the body glove in some ATT stores. Just a matter of it being sold out or not. You can also order it from ATT.com. I searched through the cases thread to determine which one I am trying out. Might want to do that to get some more info on what is available.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'd like an extended battery, even if it means a bulge on the back, but then I'd need a new case too. I wish Samsung would just have put in a monster battery and made the phone a bit thicker to start with, people are crazy for thin though, but I could care less really.

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If there's no official GPS dock, the Mega Grip from Arkon that's compatible with the Captivate and rotates to landscape:

Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Samsung Galaxy S, T-Mobile Vibrant, ATT Captivate, Sprint Epic 4G, Verizon Fascinate

There's a variety of mounting options to choose from, so you can use whatever works best with your car. Here's the vent mount, $15:

DQWgS.jpg

RVBPX.jpg

NblYR.jpg

lIQBU.jpg

kaljr82

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I am really wanting a Desktop Dock like the one for the Droid X. Looks pretty Awesome and yeah, extended battery would be great.

I havent seen a case I am in love with yet, and can't decide if I want a screen protector or not.

wildkarrde21

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If there's no official GPS dock, the Mega Grip from Arkon that's compatible with the Captivate and rotates to landscape:

Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Samsung Galaxy S, T-Mobile Vibrant, ATT Captivate, Sprint Epic 4G, Verizon Fascinate

There's a variety of mounting options to choose from, so you can use whatever works best with your car. Here's the vent mount, $15:

Just FYI, you can get the vent mount + windshield mount for $15 at Amazon. I got that, but ended up using the slightly smaller Arkon grip (they're universal) I had from my older Arkon cigarette lighter mount b/c I didn't want the grip to block too much of the vent (the Captivate gets kind of hot using the GPS). It was designed for the smaller iPhone, but still holds the Captivate fine.

kaljr82

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I am really wanting a Desktop Dock like the one for the Droid X. Looks pretty Awesome and yeah, extended battery would be great.

I havent seen a case I am in love with yet, and can't decide if I want a screen protector or not.

Wishes do come true!! samsung.com now has a Dock for this! and a very nice looking case!

Mamba24

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI, you can get the vent mount + windshield mount for $15 at Amazon. I got that, but ended up using the slightly smaller Arkon grip (they're universal) I had from my older Arkon cigarette lighter mount b/c I didn't want the grip to block too much of the vent (the Captivate gets kind of hot using the GPS). It was designed for the smaller iPhone, but still holds the Captivate fine.
I got the beanbag Arkon dash mount with the mega grip for $20. Sweet deal for a dual purpose mount (dash/windshield)!

Arkon Mega Grip Dashboard Mount for Superphones & Smartphones

kaljr82

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Wishes do come true!! samsung.com now has a Dock for this! and a very nice looking case!
i ordered the case and ended up sending it back due to it not functioning properly. Samsung is working to fix the issue, but have had many calls about the same problem.
I was offered a full refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez