Anker Powerline+ Charging Cables

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
What’s in a cable? Well… I’m not sure really. There’s way too much science, magic and engineering - mostly magic - that goes into these amazing little friends of ours for me to even begin to imagine. However, these amazing little cables do something that is so indispensable to our day-to-day lives, and that’s charging our devices. Without them we would be lost like Tom Hanks on the deserted island, except we wouldn’t have Wilson the volleyball to keep us company - yup, they’re that important. So, if these cables are so important, why do we settle for the manufacturer’s dumbed down, cheap, and dingy cables that they think are nice enough to complement our expensive phones? To that I say, "no thank you."
MVIMG_20171218_095635.jpgMVIMG_20171218_095913.jpg

Overview: To get this review started, I’m going to front-load some pictures so you can see how shiny and awesome looking these cables are, including their fancy packaging. Seriously… all of the cables I’ve ever gotten are the dull-white or black looking ones that come out of the phone packaging; not cool at all. This was a real treat for me, and I’m sure you can see why. Braided nylon, cool colors, a really convenient package to hold them in place, and they even included a Velcro strap to keep everything cinched into placed – totally cool. Even cooler, the cloth-styled carrying case has a magnet in it to help keep it closed shut.
MVIMG_20171218_100008.jpgMVIMG_20171218_100113.jpgMVIMG_20171218_100149.jpg

Quality and Protection: The tangible benefits of having an upgraded power cord are more than aesthetic. The Powerline+ cables are protective, convenient, well-made and topped off with a dash of “wow” factor. The braided nylon is much more durable than the standard casing that normal charging cables are wrapped in. In fact, Anker has the Powerline+ series cables rated with a 30,000 bend lifespan! In addition to that, the Powerline+ series takes protection to the next level and makes sure that your cable doesn’t get damaged from crimping, crushing, squishing, being stepped on, and all of the other various ways that our cables get abused on a day-to-day basis. Another added benefit is that the slick, double-braided nylon material doesn’t get hung up on the other cables when you’re trying to separate them from each other. This may not be something that is a problem for you, but I have two phones, a tablet and a lamp that are always plugged next to my bed, and these guys love to get tangled up and cause me levels of frustration that I don’t like to admit in public. Well, I’m happy to say that those days are well behind me. The Powerline+ cables are much easier to separate and don’t get snagged, or bound up when you try to pull one out of the mix. It doesn’t prevent them from getting knotted up if you have a spaghetti bowl of cables, but it definitely takes some of the frustration out of the process.

Here is side-by-side comparison of the leading manufacturer's stock cables, versus the Anker Powerline+ cables.

MVIMG_20171218_100645.jpgMVIMG_20171218_100943.jpg

Conclusion:
I really like these cables. They’re sleek – dare I say sexy? – well-made, colorful, convenient and all around fantastic. Are they a necessity? Not really unless you need a spare, if you lost your original one or if the dog ate it, but… they are a nicety that you won’t find many other places when it comes to charging cables. Cables are generally just cables, but Anker takes the idea of convenience, style and protection, and wraps it into one little bundle of phone charging joy, all backed by a lifetime warranty!
MVIMG_20171218_100950.jpgMVIMG_20171218_101006.jpg

The Anker Powerline+ series charging cables are available in various colors and sizes, and lengths range from 1ft to 10ft. The Powerline+ series cables are available in MicroUSB, USB-C, as well as Lightning Cable. The Powerline+ series cables start at $5.99 and go up from there (1ft MicroUSB). Most of their cables start off at $13.99. You can find them all on Anker’s website – https:/www.anker.com