Closest replacement for 2012 Samsung Chromebook

SKI_K2

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade from my 2012 Samsung Chromebook with the Exynos processor. I like everything about it except for how slow it has become when loading anything more than a basic text web page. I was hoping I could get some suggestions for what to replace it with that would be as similar as possible with the added benefit of being all around faster. Some specs I have in mind are:

* Same 11-12 inch screen size, 13 max
* 4 GB RAM
* Intel Celeron/i3 CPU
* Preferably 1080p but not mandatory
* Non-touch screen, non-tablet hybrid
* Between $199 - $299 if possible

I've been researching the various models available through Google/Amazon but am having trouble pinpointing one in particular that falls roughly within these specs. If there's a Chromebook that meets all of them except has 2GB of user-replaceable RAM, I would be open to upgrading it myself - not a big deal. I appreciate the help in advance!

SKI_K2

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy, that's almost exactly what I am looking for. Amazon carries it too and it has great reviews. And it's supported by Google through 2020. Not bad!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you it's an excellent little machine. But be aware that it's not a "premium" machine, in that the build is very plasticky (but sturdy). I use it as my portable Chromebook, given the small size and weight--it's served me well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress