Monitor not detected

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a new C201, and the monitor is not being detected, I got the C201 on sale through credit card points so I thought at $105 this would be a good price point to try Chrome OS.
Anyway, I tried all the troubleshooting steps, the Chromebook sees the monitor but the monitor just displays a no signal message. I use the Ctrl-display refresh made sure all connections were seated went from mirrored to extended, etc. The C201 has a micro HDMI display port, I have a micro HDMI to DVI adapter which works well wit my Win10 laptop, but again, the monitor does not like the Chromebook. I tried everything I could see online, same issue, tried with my account and as a guest.
Is it because possible the monitor does not like the DVI connection with the Chromebook, I know my Win10 laptop is more high end and more adaptable which is why this works with my PC, but is it the monitor does not like the Chromebook's resolution capability?
Before I purchase a VGA adapter (my monitor only support VGA and DVI no HDMI), I wanted to see if anyone might know of a solution to this issue or if it is the micro HDMI to DVI adapter I have.

Thanks all.

ETA: Retuning it, Asus confirmed it is defective, it is a day old, getting my money back, may try Chromebook in the future.

Last edited: