Need help with cwm

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So I did step by step from imnuts clockwork recovery mod and it looks like it wants to work but when i go into recovery mode and try to update zip it says E:failed to open/sdcard/update.zip(No such file or directory) E:signature verification failed installation aborted....has anyone else got this message.if so I really need help trying to figure out what went wrong.any help would be greatly appreciated.

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So I did step by step from imnuts clockwork recovery mod and it looks like it wants to work but when i go into recovery mode and try to update zip it says E:failed to open/sdcard/update.zip(No such file or directory) E:signature verification failed installation aborted....has anyone else got this message.if so I really need help trying to figure out what went wrong.any help would be greatly appreciated.

The odin flash didn't take. You need to be using the "test 4", not "test 2". Reflash it, and you should be good. Make sure auto reboot is unchecked.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The odin flash didn't take. You need to be using the "test 4", not "test 2". Reflash it, and you should be good. Make sure auto reboot is unchecked.

How do i get test 4,I am a noob and know nothing about this,sorry for inconvenience but I really wanna do this.Thanks again for any help!

By the way I unchecked the auto reboot button.

Last edited:

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
How do i get test 4,I am a noob and know nothing about this,sorry for inconvenience but I really wanna do this.Thanks again for any help!

http://db.tt/7IrbM4M2

Theres a link to it. Also, when you flash, make sure you get "pass 1/fail 0", before you unplug. It will not remove itself, since auto reboot well be unchecked

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Ok. Lets run through this sterol by step, as you asked.
1. Place update.zip on the root of your sdcard (ensure it is named update.zip, not update.zip.zip ... If you have your computer setup to show file extensions, there should be one zip, if not, then none.)

2. Place phone in download mode (power off, then hold vol down abs power at the same time.)

3. (this assumes samsung drivers and odin are already installed). Plug phone in, open odin, and look for the bic that turns yellow, and has "com", and a number in it.

4. Place the test 4 file I linked in pda, and uncheck auto reboot. Then hit start. Ut should take about 5 seconds, and you will have pass 1/ fail 0 I'm the dialogue box.

5. Unplug phone, pull battery, and reinstall.

6. Boot thu recovery by holding volk up, vol down and power ask at once.

7. Using volume rocker, scroll to "apply sdcard: update.zip" and select using menu button (where it would be).

Do what you need to. NOTE. Ec09 will revert to stock recovery on reboot, so to well have to flash that everitt time you want to get into cwm recovery. A deodexed rom will remove that issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38