Liberty 2.1 anybody?

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here use the newest version of Liberty (I think it's 2.1)? I know you can download Liberty Toolbox Donate for $5 from the android market and I think from there you it will install it for you. No hassles, it does everything... Am I wrong about that? I'm currently running the leaked gingerbread rom but I was just wondering about Liberty. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Liberty Toolbox Donate will give you access to the pre-release GB-based builds. The free toolbox will install the Froyo-based Liberty builds (2.x) and, as long as you're rooted, it's a pretty simple process. I haven't tried downgrading from a GB ROM to a Liberty 2.x release, though.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha, I'm on gb now and if I were to try liberty I would want to do the gb build. I'm just curious what other people have tried it think about it.

So liberty toolbox will do all the installation work for you for the froyo build as long as your rooted? I'm assuming the donate version will do the same for the gb build? Is the gb build a release candidtate? If not, any bugs or anything?

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Older versions of Liberty GB were pretty straightforward. To my knowledge the latest incarnation still requires that you're on the rooted OTA GB release as a start. This should be going away eventually, but I don't know when. Still, getting to rooted OTA is pretty simple.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The d2 doesn't have a rooted ota gb yet. Are you talking about the leaked prerooted gb rom? That isn't ota. Maybe you're talking about the froyo ota rooted? Idk. I'm confused :p

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Idk. I'm confused :p

Nope, I'm the one who's confused. I was referring to the DX, not the D2 and was thinking I was in the wrong forum. The last forum rearrangement seems to have shifted me from the regular D2 forum to the D2 Rooting forum - time to update my bookmarks :)

Sorry, my D2G is pure stock, my DX is my play phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A