Two Verizon employees said Bionic was scrapped.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I went to a Verizon store the other night after a meeting, I had some extra time so I thought I check an X2 to see the new screen. The rep pointed me to the X1 and says here's the X2. I noted the the camera button on the side and the fact that it said X1 on the panel next to the phone. The rep retorted, 'they're the same exact phone.'

I said 'not really. show me the thunderbolt, I'd like to see this 4G speed' he forgot the password to unlock the phone... so I left. Oh I did inquire to the Bionic and he said he hadn't even heard of it and doesn't think a phone like that would come out soon.

It's just a job to them, they could care less about the phone. Probably going to school for something else or trying to earn a quick buck, but have no real interest in the matter. But that's how the world is sometimes. I'll probably preorder the Bionic anyways so i won't have to dance with these clowns on the release day.
i have been trying to get a job with verizon retail or bestbuy mobile forever i love phones and tec and i cant even get a job in tec and all the stores i go into nobody has a clue what there doing it pisses me off that these guys just fall into these jobs

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
i have been trying to get a job with verizon retail or bestbuy mobile forever i love phones and tec and i cant even get a job in tec and all the stores i go into nobody has a clue what there doing it pisses me off that these guys just fall into these jobs

They have no interest in hiring knowledgeable people, they just want people who will do and say what they are told.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
guys guys guys there is proof on the verizon web sight to sign up for new info so these verizon sales people are just being sales people and trying to get you to give up on the sickest phone in the world and buy something now.

I bet these reps would have trouble even finding the Verizon website, I guarantee none of them have any desire to go there and read anything. Additionally, they are given NO information and told to push whatever is on the shelves.

OrdieSep88

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
i bet that anyone who is following these forums can get hired at a Verizon store and move up the latter a lot quicker than someone who is already employed there with sales experience but doesn't know jack about the little details of the current and upcoming phones. This is why i follow these threads. You guys ARE the salesmen. Now get me the Bionic damn it!:D

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I received a call from Verizon to let me know I had gone over my minutes, oh and by the way I have been due an upgrade since August of last year. So the guy lets me know and asks if I would like to upgrade to the HTC Thunderbolt. To which I was said no, that I have been waiting for the Bionic. (Why did he offer the TBolt instead of the Charge?) Well he went on to say he did not want to say it but I should do some research online and I would find that the Bionic has been scrapped and will not be coming to Verizon. (Where do they find these morons?) I informed him that I appreciated his help but that he has been misinformed and should not be disseminating misinformation. (I do not think he understood me because he thanked me and asked again if I would like to use my upgrade today.) Started throwing in how much memory the TBolt had and that it has a kickstand. Oh well...I caved and got the TBolt, no not really I hung up, but I guess they have to do what they have to do to move phones regardless if they suck.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'd have to say we know much more about phones than the Verizon employees that are selling them do. They'd rather make a sale today and tell you false information.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Keep trying.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Haha yes their sales reps don't know a damn thing but are definitely trained to make stuff up. I stopped in a store a couple days ago to take a look at the droid3 (moment of weakness, still waiting for bionic) and asked the rep about it. He said he wasn't a fan, so I said I wanted to wait for the bionic anyway to see if he had anything to say and he also made up all the junk about it being scrapped or full of bugs and not coming anytime soon. Then he spent 5 minutes trying to convince me that the iphone was the **** and I should get that or wait for iphone 5... Man I hope this bionic is worth the wait..been dying for android I f'n hate my bb tour :)

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe that Verizon's sales personnel have a selling quota that they have to reach each month and bonuses beyond that, so they will try anything to get you to buy something they have in stock rather then telling you to wait for a particular device.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe that Verizon's sales personnel have a selling quota that they have to reach each month and bonuses beyond that, so they will try anything to get you to buy something they have in stock rather then telling you to wait for a particular device.
They get paid for activations

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
It's the same as selling anything in any industry. You make money on what you sell NOW not what you think you might sell in the future. Of course they're going to try to get you to buy what they have in stock. If they didn't they would go out of business.

Boy I wish I got commission off of my sales forecast instead of my actual numbers. That would be sweet!

zendevar

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
My favorite was a few years ago when a manager tried to convince me that adding my own MP3s to a phone was really adding "third party software that's not supported" to the phone, thus causing the reboot/freeze issues I was having with the phone on day one. Three iterations of that phone later and I just switched to the BB Storm. It's served me well, but it's definitely time to make a big change.