Verizon Droid Bionic "Rule all Machines" commercial

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think the commercial is stupid and had ruled the Bionic out, but my BB Tour is dead and I need something now! I wish Verizon would just give us a solid release date already! What is the point of this delay?

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
How nice of them. I wonder what legal issues can arise if I hosted it myself. I downloaded it to try and do a good frame by frame in mp4 format. Curious if the new link posted will have to shut down also.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Google DMCA

Looking at the Wikipedia reference to it 'Digital Millennium Copyright Act' and i'm curious as to where this video falls within the verbiage. It looks like any other commercial i've easily found on YouTube, with the exception of the fact that it was recorded on a phone and presumably was at Verizon Corporate and was not supposed to exist 'yet'. Am I missing something? Is it illegal becuase it hasn't been broadcast by VZW yet ?

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Is there anything dumber than removing a link to an ad for people that want to view an ad?

Am i living in some alternate universe where that makes sense?

I think its more of a 'Wahhhhhhh.. Johnny took my toy truck and played with it before I got to show it to everyone first.... Wahhhhhhh"

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I think its more of a 'Wahhhhhhh.. Johnny took my toy truck and played with it before I got to show it to everyone first.... Wahhhhhhh"

Except in this case the toy truck was intellectual property owned by (I assume Verizon), and is covered under copy write laws.

Still cool Phil got a copy. Can't wait for the Bionic to release!

pinnacle31

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably a dumb question in this forum but I have a Blackberry with service through Verizon. Is it wise to upgrade to a Droid? Which model?
Thanks

techdan00

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Agreed, but more so backed up by marketing wahhhhh... No one wants to show their hand before they play it. Wahhhhh none the less...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Probably a dumb question in this forum but I have a Blackberry with service through Verizon. Is it wise to upgrade to a Droid? Which model?
Thanks

Also coming from a BB and all I can say is yes to android and you are in a bionic forum so you can see there is a lil' bias. It will be the first Dual core LTE phone for Verizon and has some pretty good specs under the hood despite some opinions. Check out the FAQ

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Thanks

Q: Is it wise to upgrade to a Droid?
A: Yes. (I have to say that, you're on Android Central afterall)

Q: Which model?
A: They're all better than your blackberry. haha. If you 'must' have a keyboard, the Droid 3 is a good choice though it does not have '4G LTE' and is only 3G. If not, the Droid Charge (currently available) is plenty good but we're all in THIS forum becuase we're waiting patiently (or impatiently) for the Bionic to be released.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

Just a heads up, you will miss the ackberry notification LED and Berrybuzz. That is all. The grass has been greener for 99% of my switch. Coming from storm dumb and storm poo, this was the best move I ever made. You can now send texts longer than 160 without using an app, and the phone doesn't take 7 minutes to reboot.

On topic, this video of a commercial reminded me of the good ol days when friends would come over after a deployment from Korea with bootleg movies and soju lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up, you will miss the ackberry notification LED and Berrybuzz. That is all. The grass has been greener for 99% of my switch. Coming from storm dumb and storm poo, this was the best move I ever made. You can now send texts longer than 160 without using an app, and the phone doesn't take 7 minutes to reboot.

On topic, this video of a commercial reminded me of the good ol days when friends would come over after a deployment from Korea with bootleg movies and soju lol.

Notification LED will be on bionic. Like the other Motorolas. You won't find one on a Sammy though.

monger

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

Yes. I have a Storm 2 I'm eligible to upgrade on and I'm waiting for the Bionic. I had a Mytouch 4g for a while and I can't wait to dump my BB to get back to Android.

My BB makes me feel like I'm wasting my money on a data plan compared to the use I was able to get from my Android. Between actually wanting to use the browser and the plethora of apps out there for Android, I was able to get so much more out of my phone.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Notification LED will be on bionic. Like the other Motorolas. You won't find one on a Sammy though.

Not like a BB though. Do you know if they are able to activate the light without having the screen off? That was also nice with the BB's.

kalytn

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there anything dumber than removing a link to an ad for people that want to view an ad?

Am i living in some alternate universe where that makes sense?
the link that shows at the end of that commercial is verizonwireless.com/droidbionic which in real life is still pointing to the sign up page... sigh...