Flash Verizon firmware on an AT&T phone?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I am in India, so its Jio 5G. I've read the phone documents which says it supports n78 band too. Correct me if I am wrong.
Only the international variant supports n78. Not the AT&T/US variant.

You have to watch closely how the specs are listed. Even for the US version, some spec sites tend to group all the bands together with no regard for the fact that phones for some US carriers have some bands that phones for other ones don't.

The real lesson here - phones sold for the US market rarely work outside the US. Not an absolute, but it's best to avoid them if you don't want the headaches involved.

markcook_123

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
Only the international variant supports n78. Not the AT&T/US variant.

You have to watch closely how the specs are listed. Even for the US version, some spec sites tend to group all the bands together with no regard for the fact that phones for some US carriers have some bands that phones for other ones don't.

The real lesson here - phones sold for the US market rarely work outside the US. Not an absolute, but it's best to avoid them if you don't want the headaches involved.
This definitely seems to be a problem then. 🥲

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have that version too and its receiving the updates, I just can't access 5g because the bands are locked, want to flash stock rom on both the devices, wanted to know if its possible in my case?
I don't know if you can access those bands in your country either US firmware that's something u have to try

Reactions: Laura Knotek

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have that version too and its receiving the updates, I just can't access 5g because the bands are locked, want to flash stock rom on both the devices, wanted to know if its possible in my case?
Tried to say this before, but maybe I wasn't clear. Flashing firmware does not "unlock" bands that simply don't exist on the device.

Hardware sets the frequency bands, not the firmware. That phone simply does not have the 5G band on the SOC you need.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

markcook_123

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
Tried to say this before, but maybe I wasn't clear. Flashing firmware does not "unlock" bands that simply don't exist on the device.

Hardware sets the frequency bands, not the firmware. That phone simply does not have the 5G band on the SOC you need.
Best bet is to exchange this phone for something new 😬