Verizon Droid Bionic "Rule all Machines" commercial

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Except in this case the toy truck was intellectual property owned by (I assume Verizon), and is covered under copy write laws.

Still cool Phil got a copy. Can't wait for the Bionic to release!

Marketing is marketing lol. They should be thanking us for that. It'll show up and some people will be like "hmmm maybe I do want that Droid Bionic. I might want to wait and buy the better phone because I want 4G." Unless the commercial is put on like Youtube, I know there's a good chance I'd never see it anywhere else. I don't spend as much time watching TV anymore.

MissSpiffy

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The first batch of OG droid commercials were incredibly awesome and the DX teaser alone made it a must- have device for me. But this and the Charge commercials are so crappy, the only place they belong is in the toilet. Any ounce of desire I had for picking up a bionic is gone.

Really? You let advertising campaigns influence your buying decision? You mean...you don't just let the device speak for itself? I agree the commercial leaves a lot to be desired, but to say you aren't buying because of a bad commericial is just as bad as buying because of a good commercial. That's only for the mindless consumer, not the savvy user who knows better. Come on man, be above the commercial influence.:cool:

Reactions: ChevyNovaLN

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up, you will miss the ackberry notification LED and Berrybuzz. That is all. The grass has been greener for 99% of my switch. Coming from storm dumb and storm poo, this was the best move I ever made. You can now send texts longer than 160 without using an app, and the phone doesn't take 7 minutes to reboot.

On topic, this video of a commercial reminded me of the good ol days when friends would come over after a deployment from Korea with bootleg movies and soju lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

uhhhhh, my sammy, and my current HTC blink when my twitter feed updates, js.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Really? You let advertising campaigns influence your buying decision? You mean...you don't just let the device speak for itself? I agree the commercial leaves a lot to be desired, but to say you aren't buying because of a bad commericial is just as bad as buying because of a good commercial. That's only for the mindless consumer, not the savvy user who knows better. Come on man, be above the commercial influence.:cool:

Commercials aren't the deciding factor. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The delays and Droid HD leaks are what did it in for me.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Commercials aren't the deciding factor. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The delays and Droid HD leaks are what did it in for me.

Once again, ONE delay. ONE. Not two. Not three. Not even four. One delay. We all knew it was going to come out late summer, September is late summer. Still Q3 until October (right?) which lands it exactly where Motorola said it'd be. And we have absolutely no idea what the Droid HD is. We can speculate that it'll have an HD screen, but then again those HD sunglasses don't have HD screens in them either :p. And we can still only speculate on GSII or Prime until they actually pop up somewhere. Samsung has an event friday don't they? We'll know then, probably like late October or November is my guess, and probably no LTE. And we have absolutely nothing on the Prime lol, we just know Google SHOULD have on out this year.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
uhhhhh, my sammy, and my current HTC blink when my twitter feed updates, js.

My DROIDX does not activate the LED unless the screen is off. This is a Motorola thing if not Android from what I was lead to believe. But if your Sammy and htc do it, then it must be a Motorola thing.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
My DROIDX does not activate the LED unless the screen is off. This is a Motorola thing if not Android from what I was lead to believe. But if your Sammy and htc do it, then it must be a Motorola thing.

Maybe they have a way to turn it on or off. If the screen's on, you really don't need it do you? Notification will pop up at the top doesn't it?

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Ever since Froyo the notification LED does not come on if the screen is on. I remember because when the OG Droid had 2.1 the notification LED would still be on if the screen is on but once the first Froyo ROMs had come out the notification LED would be off if the screen was on.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they have a way to turn it on or off. If the screen's on, you really don't need it do you? Notification will pop up at the top doesn't it?

Most of the time but some apps and video I have to stop and restart just to see what I got.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Once again, ONE delay. ONE. Not two. Not three. Not even four. One delay. We all knew it was going to come out late summer, September is late summer. Still Q3 until October (right?) which lands it exactly where Motorola said it'd be. And we have absolutely no idea what the Droid HD is. We can speculate that it'll have an HD screen, but then again those HD sunglasses don't have HD screens in them either :p. And we can still only speculate on GSII or Prime until they actually pop up somewhere. Samsung has an event friday don't they? We'll know then, probably like late October or November is my guess, and probably no LTE. And we have absolutely nothing on the Prime lol, we just know Google SHOULD have on out this year.

Thanks killer LOL. Was going to mention someone didn't read the FAQ but you hit it square on the head for me. ;)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the commercial is terrible. Still preordering bionic asap. But yeah, that commercial is really bad. I can see them using that to advertise the phone in like Asia or something but that's it.

*No offense to Asians was meant by the content of my post. Just opining on the commercial as the thread title suggests we do here.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I wouldn't even say it was one delay since this phone (Etna) was targeted for a Q3 release.

The original Bionic was targeted for a spring release before they delayed it. And they delayed it by dumping all their resources from the Etna design to the Targa design because the Etna was a failed design.