More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks like there is some serious battery control on this phone. Lots of options. 3 Hours of standby with 10% down? This could be good..

Edit: I also see the MicroSD is removable without taking the battery out. Nice extra to see.

Last edited:

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Looks like there is some serious battery control on this phone. Lots of options. 3 Hours of standby with 10% down? This could be good..

Edit: I also see the MicroSD is removable without taking the battery out. Nice extra to see.

That is a standard Blur feature. I also noticed the battery life, though. My phone has been doing a lot of random reboots and left me stranded in the ghetto in New Orleans a few times 2 weeks ago. I think the Bionic will hold me over until something else catches my eye.

Reactions: kca2000

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
That is a standard Blur feature. I also noticed the battery life, though. My phone has been doing a lot of random reboots and left me stranded in the ghetto in New Orleans a few times 2 weeks ago. I think the Bionic will hold me over until something else catches my eye.
If you walk 5 blocks in any direction in New Orleans you will find a ghetto. C'mon man, get real.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone comment on what night mode does? VS Battery saving? I didnt know this was a blur feature. Never came across it. Good to see the options either way.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone comment on what night mode does? VS Battery saving? I didnt know this was a blur feature. Never came across it. Good to see the options either way.
You have normal operation during the day, but battery saver at night. While phone is not connected to a charger it stops syncing data after 15 minutes of inactivity during off-peak hours (10 pm-5am). Syncing resumes when you press any button. Syncs without restriction during peak hours.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Have you ever used a dock? It turns the phone into a clock, an alarm clock, music player, etc...

I use it as my clock and alarm clock.

Also I would prefer the battery be full when I wake up.

Do you use your phone while you sleep? If you do, please tell use what you do with it? On second thought, don't tell us. :)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Since we are mostly looking at white backgrounds, not much to look at on the screen to see how good the pentile is. If it's anything like the X2 or D3, then it's fine for me at least. Not sure about everyone else, but they seemed bright and clear when holding it at a good distance away from my face, about where I'd normally use it.
But anyways...I like to see that kind of battery saving! lol. 10% for 3 hours of idling? That's damn good for an LTE device. Still, can't tell what it was doing while idling, but even if it's just doing less often data pulling, got to be pretty good on the battery if it's lasting that long. And he is on LTE, not 3G so if you need even more battery, just turn off the LTE radio and this thing will run for a very VERY long time. I know for the first few weeks or so, (hopefully not months) I'll keep it off since they haven't put LTE in here in SB yet. Should have it this fall though right? We're a pretty popular area with a lot of people that will buy 4G phones this fall and winter...because everyone here is rich. I, on the other hand, will be scraping the barrel getting this phone and the plan lol.
I'm loving that 32GB of space right out of the box! Also, why do all these people have crappy 4G reception lol? Are they in their basement, trying to hide from Motorola for leaking the phone? :p

Has anyone noticed that everyone over at Droid-Life is SUPER biased? The author of the articles, he has made his followers all hate Pentiles and all this other crap, and I don't think they really even understand it. I know, some people have problems with the pentile, but everyone's going ballistic over there just hating on the Bionic for stuff they probably don't even understand...

Have you ever used a dock? It turns the phone into a clock, an alarm clock, music player, etc...

I used to use my PSP to do that when I had a little homebrew app for it to be an alarm clock and music player. But obviously it's a bit chunky compared to an Android device, in both hardware and software aspects.

Last edited:

Jeryl31

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
at first when i saw this, i had a bad feeling then i thought about when i had a thunderbolt when the battery would drain within 5 hours to dead, so this is definitely refreshing to me almost reassuring my wait

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I use a dock all the time at night and love it..I can actually see the time without my glasses! I'm sorry, I miss understood your first post..."At night it's in a Dock so it won't be very useful to me." I thought you were upset because you did not want to use a dock, as the phone won't be useful to you. My mistake, sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty