Samsung trade-in - is this a scam from FedEx or Samsung return department???

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had issues with trade ins on every Samsung device (except S10+ to S10 5G and S22 U to S23 U because I did carrier trade-in)

I contacted Samsung support and escalated until I got someone of authority. Trading in with them is a nightmare I will never repeat.

FedEx employees are known to steal and treat you packages like:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well if you think trading in to a store is a sure thing for trade in, you would be wrong. The report says thirty of them since November.

4f2d13c09ee1abb79598ccb1f1ceacfb.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The question would be who is financially responsible for the phone not ultimately reaching the proper destination. I would think that if the customer was documented as returning the phone in good condition, then it's the store's responsibility afterwards (unless the employee was able to modify the documentation afterwards to say that the customer actually traded in a dead phone).

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I always think that way but I get pulled into Samsung.com :(
Maybe if I get burned 1 time I might go that route.
It's a tough decision.

I swore never again after my Husband & I both had trouble with trade-ins for our Watch 6s. (Thanks FedEx & Hyla)

Samsung resolved both issues, so when the s24 line was released, we gave it another shot. ..(Face Palm).. I'm a worrier, so I was stressing. Fortunately, we had no problems this time.

But I'm thinking the same as you, if I got burnt, I'd probably do things differently.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't they give you the credit after inspection on the spot? Or Verizon works differently from Best buy?

I think this was a agent store. It's probably like everything else there's a loop hole in the system that can be abused as in this case.

I would like to think if this was a corporate store Verizon would give the customer the credit in this case. Being this is a agent I don't know how they will handle it. The article said the couple in this case lost $1,500, and in most cases there's restitution the criminal has to pay so who knows.

I will say the couple in this case did this in November and finally reported it to the police. The police actually got involved and investigated it and found there were another 30 reports of missing trade INS and tracked them to her. I was kind of impressed the police even got involved to that extent to be honest. Maybe for FedEx missing shipments, empty boxes people should report it to the police. Maybe if FedEx had to deal with a bunch of investigations they might take this more serious.

Reactions: mustang7757

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos