Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
How can this phone be released with out a official Announcment

Sent from Tapatalk using Droid BionicX!

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Was curious. Does the phone work at all without the 'sim card' making it a 3G phone or does the phone switch between 3G and 4g on the fly?
It switches on the fly depending on service. I could not activate it without a sim card. You can tell it to work CDMA only, meaning no 4g. I assume this is to save on battery life when you know you're not in a 4g area.

mandorawk

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Bworley,thank you for your time and answering all of these questions.before I read thid thread I wasn't expecting much guess I was brainwashed from all these other sites,delays the whole pentile issue. You put all that to rest this is going to be a beast of a phone.my og droid lasted this long without the ram and beast specs.this phone will be a great upgrade.thx again for your time and great videos

Reactions: jroc and bworley50

Rlarson_mn

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Not to belabor the point but I assume that the 'sim card' comes in the box or is already installed, correct? The online PDF manual only shows where it's placed in the back of the phone but nothing else is mentioned. In addition how easy is the battery cover to remove?

Arkbird

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question that no one seems to be able to answer for sure. Do the micro HDMI and micro USB ports match up with the one's on the Atrix? I'm trying to figure this out to see if I really need to buy the lapdock from Verizon or if it fits the cheaper Atrix version.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! Still nothing on the VZW home page or even the Shop --> Smartphones page. Helluva marketing job these guys are doing.

Here's what I had to say earlier about their marketing strategy: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/116194-advertisement.html#post1221269

Consider it.. they don't need to waste money advertising this thing before its out, as there's no immediate competition. Not to mention, there's a ton of hype, they're getting "free" advertising from twitter and all the blogs and tech forums like this one covering it.. I mean they gave bworley a free phone and look how much that has done?! 83k views in this thread and read how many posts are people who were on the fence and now convinced to buy it? Lol they know what they're doing...

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Not to belabor the point but I assume that the 'sim card' comes in the box or is already installed, correct? The online PDF manual only shows where it's placed in the back of the phone but nothing else is mentioned. In addition how easy is the battery cover to remove?
Mine didn't. I had to go to the VZ store and get one. If you get it at VZ, no problem. I assume it will have one in there if you order it online.

jchardeman

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I had to say earlier about their marketing strategy: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/116194-advertisement.html#post1221269

Consider it.. they don't need to waste money advertising this thing before its out, as there's no immediate competition. Not to mention, there's a ton of hype, they're getting "free" advertising from twitter and all the blogs and tech forums like this one covering it.. I mean they gave bworley a free phone and look how much that has done?! 83k views in this thread and read how many posts are people who were on the fence and now convinced to buy it? Lol they know what they're doing...

Good point. Of course, most of us here have been waiting for this device since before it was "announced" on Jan. 6. The folks who REALLY want one will know about it and get one -- hell, maybe it'll keep the VZW store from being so crowded Thu AM.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just popped into the Verizon store closest to my office- They don't have any in stock yet but I was able to check out the dummy unit. The phone is definitely sleek though certainly not light. It's considerably thinner than my D1 so I'm not complaining. The shape definitely surprised me. I remember seeing the pictures and couldn't figure out just where the chin and whatnot were but actually holding it in hand it all came together. The phone's full of angles, if that's the best word to use.
Can't wait- Hoping that store (not a corporate store) will be able to sell it to me tomorrow

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Just popped into the Verizon store closest to my office- They don't have any in stock yet but I was able to check out the dummy unit. The phone is definitely sleek though certainly not light. It's considerably thinner than my D1 so I'm not complaining. The shape definitely surprised me. I remember seeing the pictures and couldn't figure out just where the chin and whatnot were but actually holding it in hand it all came together. The phone's full of angles, if that's the best word to use.
Can't wait- Hoping that store (not a corporate store) will be able to sell it to me tomorrow
It's lighter than my droid 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21