Advertisement

nimazahir

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Why is this phone not being advertised on tv yet? It is going to come out in 4 days and I have yet to see one commercial for it.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Why is this phone not being advertised on tv yet? It is going to come out in 4 days and I have yet to see one commercial for it.

You're not watching the right channels at the right time. They're not FLOODING the air-waves with commercials, but they're out there. I saw the first one here in Omaha, NE last night. Others started seeing them days ago.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

There is 1 commercial for it out there. If you didn't know anything about the phone before the commercial you still wouldn't after it lol

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
There is 1 commercial for it out there. If you didn't know anything about the phone before the commercial you still wouldn't after it lol

Yep. :) The commercial is pretty worthless. Some Natalie Portman look-alike with a sword... no phone mentioned. LoL, unless you assume 'Droid Bionic' is a phone.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
So verizon isnt going to try and advertise this phone to people who dont know about it?

Apparently not as heavily as they have been in general for 4G LTE, or the Droid Charge or Tablets. At least after the Charge/Tablet commercials you've seen the product :) The Droid Bionic commercial is short and completely uninformative.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep. :) The commercial is pretty worthless. Some Natalie Portman look-alike with a sword... no phone mentioned. LoL, unless you assume 'Droid Bionic' is a phone.

Its not worthless. Its a teaser. Its meant to get people to start talking about it and wondering what the Droid Bionic is. Its the same thing they did with the OG Droid. I expect commercials with actual info on the phone to start around midweek so people will say "Oh, that's what that Droid Bionic is. It does some cool stuff. It really WILL rule all machines. I want one!"

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So verizon isnt going to try and advertise this phone to people who dont know about it?

There will be more commercials and such advertising it. When the original droid came out the commercials were just like this one. Droid coming soon, but if you didn't know you would ask yourself what is droid?

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Its not worthless. Its a teaser. Its meant to get people to start talking about it and wondering what the Droid Bionic is. Its the same thing they did with the OG Droid. I expect commercials with actual info on the phone to start around midweek so people will say "Oh, that's what that Droid Bionic is. It does some cool stuff. It really WILL rule all machines. I want one!"

Touche....

I must remember the days of pre-"OG Droid". Back when I was not informed. I see the commercial and am annoyed now, but thats because i've seen everything there is to see and there really isn't any mystery.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Remember the hype around the movie Cloverfield? Very cryptic teaser ad and it had some folks out of their minds guessing what it could be.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Touche....

I must remember the days of pre-"OG Droid". Back when I was not informed. I see the commercial and am annoyed now, but thats because i've seen everything there is to see and there really isn't any mystery.

Sometimes its hard to remember the dark ages...i feel like I was such a kid back in those days

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
They'll probably have an ad about the actual phone pretty soon. They're trying to build hype right now.

Beat me to it. They are trying to hype monster it right now and you will likely see a new commercial on or just after release day. Just remember back to the OG days when all you saw was like an asteroid landing somewhere. Its all just to build the initial hype then go into formal marketing after said hype is built. Yeah out here in South Dakota we have already been seeing commercials for the past few days.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Beat me to it. They are trying to hype monster it right now and you will likely see a new commercial on or just after release day. Just remember back to the OG days when all you saw was like an asteroid landing somewhere. Its all just to build the initial hype then go into formal marketing after said hype is built. Yeah out here in South Dakota we have already been seeing commercials for the past few days.

I haven't watched TV for about two weeks. A lot of it has to do with being on this forum a little too much, but I'm at school from 6:30am-3pm most days anyways. So I haven't been able to see it lol.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I watch a lot of sports. They must not think us sports guys are smart enough for this phone. Either that, or maybe they think that the guys that like sports don't like to buy things that feature hot women.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I watch a lot of sports. They must not think us sports guys are smart enough for this phone. Either that, or maybe they think that the guys that like sports don't like to buy things that feature hot women.

I've seen it a few times watching NFL preseason games on the NFL network and about half a dozen times yesterday watching college football games

JOEKC

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Not TV of course, but they ran the same ad at AMC movie theaters in my area last night. (Any of you oldsters remember when movies didn't have commercials?)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11