Trade-In rejected! 😡

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
And so it starts

My trade in arrived on Wednesday
Sunday morning I get notified it arrived and was being checked out
5 hours later Samsung emails me telling me I haven't sent in mine yet and had 5 days left to get it to them.
the a few hours later I get a email saying mine phone was rejected to a crack on the back

My phone was flawless and 100% perfect

Here is a photo of the back of mine and the photo they sent mine is on the right

Attachments

• 23-3.jpg
    23-3.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 228
  • Returned photo.png
    Returned photo.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 228

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
And so it starts

5 hours later Samsung emails me telling me I haven't sent in mine yet and had 5 days left to get it to them.
the a few hours later I get a email saying mine phone was rejected to a crack on the back

Here is a photo of the back of mine and the photo they sent mine is on the right
They did that to me with a watch I sent in an active too and they sent me back a picture of a totally different watch and said that I sent in of the wrong watch and I had all kinds of pictures. They finally made it right but it's just a hassle it's crazy I've been fighting with them over my Hundred not getting his extra $50 reserved and I give up I've called and been told so many times they're going to credit us.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
And so it starts

To my knowledge they video tape every return unboxing. I would call tell them your return did not have any cracks and to please review the video of the return unboxing.
They might reverse themselves.
I hope it works out for you!

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
To my knowledge they video tape every return unboxing. I would call tell them your return did not have any cracks and to please review the video of the return unboxing.
Correct, they said I sent cracked phone as well last year, rep watched video while I was on hold, saw phone come out of box uncracked and credited right then. I offered to send pictures I took in advance and she said not needed.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow. That's great to know. I wonder if this is standard practice with other places that recieve trade-ins, like phone carriers.

Reactions: jamezr

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
And so it starts

My phone was flawless and 100% perfect.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

🙁

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow. That's great to know. I wonder if this is standard practice with other places that recieve trade-ins, like phone carriers.
There are handful of trade-in companies and it's not like phone carriers, Samsung etc are owning these companies and managing these trade-ins. So all trade-ins via phone carrier, Google, Samsung etc, the contracted company should have a similar process.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
And so it starts

Where does it say it was rejected. You just got a automated email saying you have 5 days yet to ship your trade in. I just got that same email today and so did a lot of others.

I think you're ok. Don't panic till you get the actual rejected email.

EDIT...I see some of your post in other topics and see you must have gotten the rejection letter with photos. Contact them with your photos and video is your next move

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Where does it say it was rejected. You just got a automated email saying you have 5 days yet to ship your trade in. I just got that same email today and so did a lot of others.

I think you're ok. Don't panic till you get the actual rejected email.

EDIT...I see some of your post in other topics and see you must have gotten the rejection letter with photos. Contact them with your photos and video is your next move

They said there is a crack on the back and sent me the picture above mine is the photo on the left taken the day I ship it back the photo they sent is the back of the phone they said is mine , don't look like mine

Reactions: BEaRebel

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They said there is a crack on the back and sent me the picture above mine is the photo on the left taken the day I ship it back the photo they sent is the back of the phone they said is mine , don't look like mine
Got it. I didn't see the rejected part in your post, sorry Bout that.

I would say you are correct on not looking the same. Have you contacted them yet?

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Let's put this into perspective.

The place that receives the trade-ins receive hundreds of thousands of them in a very short period of time. They have to process them as fast as possible and probably hire temp workers to do the unboxing and documenting. Those hires are unskilled labor and probably work for minimum wage or just above it. How many hundreds of devices does each worker have to unbox and examine a day? Then have to do that for at least eight hours a day for several weeks. Therefore, it is probably really easy for a person's device to be confused with another's.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
After a closer look at the photo on the right ( the one Samsung took ) if you enlarge that photo
doesn't look right it almost looks like a white sticker covering the back.
I noticed that also when I looked at your reject picture. Unfortunately, I couldn't make out exactly what is was.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Let's put this into perspective.

The place that receives the trade-ins receive hundreds of thousands of them in a very short period of time. They have to process them as fast as possible and probably hire temp workers to do the unboxing and documenting. Those hires are unskilled labor and probably work for minimum wage or just above it. How many hundreds of devices does each worker have to unbox and examine a day? Then have to do that for at least eight hours a day for several weeks. Therefore, it is probably really easy for a person's device to be confused with another's.
Well they are going to get slowed down when they get to my box. I wrapped the phone in half a roll of paper towels , then wrapped in their brown stuff, I then used the rest of the paper towels in bottom of box and sides.
eebe9bc2704bf3eb0cdddc67fb55d824.jpg
50b343ed1a49291cdfc1c23900a6bf77.jpg
a3099642fee71d985da514a60c07921b.jpg
52dfbd50e66987f165bdb93c5053bba9.jpg

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue as well, but from FedEx. I dropped my phone off last Tuesday and the tracking is stuck saying "Unable to deliver" I am not sure what's going on. I am glad I made a video of the phone this time.

Reactions: fresca2u and jamezr

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
After thinking about this photo they sent me of the cracked back and I blow up the photo they sent it is clearly a sticker covering the back.

Attachments

• Returned photo.png
    Returned photo.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
Reactions: Rose4uKY

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Monday morning update

Greetings from Samsung!

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We really appreciate your time and patience regarding this. We have checked and found out that you have concern regarding the order trade in. As we can check, we want to inform you that we have cancelled your chargeback and there will not be any chargeback related to your trade-in order SA3xxxxxxxx. No further action is needed at this point. You can revert us on this email in case of any further assistance.

We highly appreciate your understanding, time, and our limitations. Feel free to reach out to us for any further queries as we'll be here to assist you 24/7.

Have a great day and stay safe!
Warm regards,
Danish
Samsung Customer Care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter