got the email from verizon

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got the e-mail but it doesnt go anywhere yet. Says i will get $100 if i trade my phone in for the Bionic. It says online exclusive. Has anybody done this?? havent seen this before.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
"I'm sorry, the stores aren't getting them until the 15th and with the push for the, they will more then likely be backordered. " Is what a VZW person told through chat...is this accurate?

JOEKC

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got the e-mail but it doesnt go anywhere yet. Says i will get $100 if i trade my phone in for the Bionic. It says online exclusive. Has anybody done this?? havent seen this before.

My email does go to the VZW website and allows me to go all the way to "submit order." I didn't submit yet, just wanted to see what happens. My price is $249 (not sure why) and I get a $100 gift card for VZW, good on accessories or to pay my bill. That brings my price down to $149, assuming my old 1gen Droid is probably worthless for resale anyway. This is much closer to the Costco deal and I'm surely tempted.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
My email does go to the VZW website and allows me to go all the way to "submit order." I didn't submit yet, just wanted to see what happens. My price is $249 (not sure why) and I get a $100 gift card for VZW, good on accessories or to pay my bill. That brings my price down to $149, assuming my old 1gen Droid is probably worthless for resale anyway. This is much closer to the Costco deal and I'm surely tempted.

The $100 rebate/card/etc... I swear has some 'fine details' that say with a NEW contract, not a renewal. Not sure 100% on this, but I thought I saw that when I clicked 'more information' as the e-mail VZW sent to everyone about 30 min ago mentions that $100 for turning in your old phone but then I started clicking through it and found that blurb.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I got the email.
I have the annual upgrade one last time and my account shows I'm eligible but I can't order at discounted prices. Store in the morning.

JOEKC

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The $100 rebate/card/etc... I swear has some 'fine details' that say with a NEW contract, not a renewal. Not sure 100% on this, but I thought I saw that when I clicked 'more information' as the e-mail VZW sent to everyone about 30 min ago mentions that $100 for turning in your old phone but then I started clicking through it and found that blurb.
It may depend on your contract status. I'm eligible for a 20 month upgrade and I was allowed to keep my same unlimited data plan. As I said, I got all the way to the submit order page. Nothing looked out of the ordinary.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This is what is in the e-mail when you click on learn more. It appears to me that if you have a smartphone already and you are just looking for a new device you are NOT ELIGIBLE.

1) New Customers
2) Upgrading from basic phone to smartphone
3) Adding a new line

New Customers!
For a limited time, activate a new line of Smartphone service with Verizon Wireless, and receive a Verizon Wireless gift card worth at least $100, when you trade in an old phone.
Already a Verizon Wireless customer?

Upgrade
Need to Upgrade? Upgrade to a Smartphone today and you'll be eligible to receive a Verizon Wireless gift card worth $100 when you trade in your old Verizon Wireless basic phone.

Add a Line
Ready to Add a Line? Activate a new line of service with a Smartphone today and you'll be eligible to receive a Verizon Wireless gift card worth at least $100 when you trade in an old phone.

Someone please prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... I didn't see that. That's kind of sneaky if you ask me. Of course, I also didn't read the part about it being good at Verizon Wireless owned stores only, and you can't use it to pay your bill if you are a ONE-BILL customer either. I'm still going to try. I have tons of old phones laying around, and already have $60 in credits lined up. I was going to try and get $100 for a BB Pearl that used to be my wife's (current trade-in value $1).

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
You are right about that. Her is some more fine print.

*Offer available for all eligible customers that activate a new line of service with a Verizon Wireless Smartphone.
**Web trade-in submission must be completed before November 15, 2011.

Customers will receive an an Email/ SMS message containing the promo code within 5 business days after the smartphone purchased has been activated.

You can use this card for purchases at Verizon Wireless-owned and operated retail locations or for online purchases at verizonwireless.com. You can also pay your Verizon Wireless bill (ONE-BILL? excluded) by visiting My Verizon at verizonwireless.com. Please note that this card cannot be used at Verizon Wireless authorized agent/retailer locations.