voicemail password won't work

tfur

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck getting the Verizon voice-mail to work without entering the PIN manually?
I have tried the *86 with and without pauses, my number with and without pauses, both with and without the # sign, and I can't get anything to work.
Ideas? thanks

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck getting the Verizon voice-mail to work without entering the PIN manually?
I have tried the *86 with and without pauses, my number with and without pauses, both with and without the # sign, and I can't get anything to work.
Ideas? thanks

When you are calling your voicemail, are you using your actual phone number, or are you using a Google Voice number?

With your password, are the pauses showing up as "P" or ", "?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tfur

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
When you are calling your voicemail, are you using your actual phone number, or are you using a Google Voice number?

With your password, are the pauses showing up as "P" or ", "?

I've used the verizon *86 and my phone number. neither works. I don't see a google voicemail option in the settings screen. There is a PAUSE key that leaves a comma. I've used that key, and also tried just typing the comma.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've used the verizon *86 and my phone number. neither works. I don't see a google voicemail option in the settings screen. There is a PAUSE key that leaves a comma. I've used that key, and also tried just typing the comma.

It's been a while since I have used Verizon voicemail. But, aren't you able to set up the password storage directly in the voicemail system itself?

tfur

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while since I have used Verizon voicemail. But, aren't you able to set up the password storage directly in the voicemail system itself?

no, it will let me change the password in the system, but not store it

wgroche

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ideas? thanks
Have you tried storing the password in the phones settings? Here is what I did. From the home screen hit the "menu" button to access "settings" then "call settihgs" then "voicemail settings" enter *86,,,9999# where 9999 is your pin. then "OK". After doing this you will be able to automatically call voice mail from the voicemail in the notification in the notification drop down.

tfur

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried storing the password in the phones settings? Here is what I did. From the home screen hit the "menu" button to access "settings" then "call settihgs" then "voicemail settings" enter *86,,,9999# where 9999 is your pin. then "OK". After doing this you will be able to automatically call voice mail from the voicemail in the notification in the notification drop down.
OK, that DOES work, but I discovered it only works if I use the notification bar to access the voicemail. It doesn't work using the voicemail shortcut on the home screen. Thanks for your help

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
OK, that DOES work, but I discovered it only works if I use the notification bar to access the voicemail. It doesn't work using the voicemail shortcut on the home screen. Thanks for your help

What about when you use the speed dial?

Reactions: tfur

tfur

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

yes, the speed dial also works. I've only been trying the home screen icon until now, and that doesn't. Maybe I'll delete the shortcut and reinstall it now that I have the phone setting screen edited....

tfur

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

speed dial also works. I guess the Voice-mail "app" that is installed on the phone is the only thing that doesn't. I tried deleting the shortcut to that and re-installing it on my home page, and it still won't work. Guess that app gos in the trash now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87