Questions when connected via USB

GaryK2

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am new to the group and android in general. I am coming from a HTC TP2 phone. I don't know if this is a bug or normal. When I connect my droid to the computer via usb, I cannot do anything on the phone. The screen does not respond at all. If I connect my droid to an usb charger line, it works OK. If I connect the charger line to a standard dock and connect the phone: I get the choice to pick an application to launch (Bedside, Productivity). It won't respond to screen selections. Sometimes the home key responds.
Are these normal? My windows mobile did not have this issue. I like the android so far except for a couple of issues like this.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have heard and seen problems with aftermarket chargers causing the screen to not respond or act funny. Not sure about data cables tho. Are you using the oem data cable?

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I'm using the cable and charger it came with.
I used to have issues with my OG Droid when I used a HTC charger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

GaryK2

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have heard and seen problems with aftermarket chargers causing the screen to not respond or act funny. Not sure about data cables tho. Are you using the oem data cable?

Yes, I purchased all from the Verizon store.
I take it that this is NOT normal for an Android.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I just went into the office to try my charger there, also a Motorola with the USB connection. That one worked correctly, so the one that came with the phone must be bad.

AZ1

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I just went into the office to try my charger there, also a Motorola with the USB connection. That one worked correctly, so the one that came with the phone must be bad.

No it isn't. The phone give me various options when I connect it to the computer via USB. I can choose a 'charge only' mode or access the microSD if I choose.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
No it isn't. The phone give me various options when I connect it to the computer via USB. I can choose a 'charge only' mode or access the microSD if I choose.

I guess my issue isn't exactly the same, my USB to Computer is fine. My issue is that the touch screen does not work when plugged into the power block supplied with the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez