3G symbol question

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
When in 3g or 4g how do i know when it s working? I see it up top but what do the stored mean? Info being downloaded and uploaded, right?

So why is it when I use the internet why does out flicker ?

how accurate are the arrows?

Sometimes this 3g is taking longer than my original Droid! Is that a bad antenna?

Please school me, thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If the icon is white, its not being used (i.e. when you have wifi on). Blue indicates in use. Arrows indicate data being sent/received.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Right so how accurate are the arrows?

I mean, there is simply an up and a down arrow. I assume they're probably pretty accurate to tell you if your phone is sending (up) or receiving (down) data. Besides that, not sure I understand the Q?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
And also when arrows flicker is my service in and out?

Not if they aren't changing color. If the 3G/4G symbol, along with the arrows, is flickering from white to blue, then yeah I think your service is going in and out.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i live in salt lake. i bought my phone in reno. but didn't put it to use untill i got home 5 days later.

which means the phone was never touched. no apps loaded or anything for the phone to be using data.

in reno the signal was 4g blue. but out of reno it went to 3g blue. some spots had 3white. and there were some dead spots. i was on my way home just passing through on my way to vegas. THEN coming home.

i don't think data being used has anything to do with the color. i had areas of blue. and areas of white. and areas of nothing. 5 days later. i am home now, had my number ported to the phone and NOW it's being used. the phone was activated in reno with a reno area code phone number. but never touched. not one thing was setup on the phone yet. it was strictly in activated mode. not even a phone call was made.

the only i DID do. was check out the internet capabilities while it was white and things worked just fine.

Last edited:

djm1947

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
When active my 3G and bars are blue (no 4G service in my area yet). As soon as I turn on my WiFi the 3G and bars turn to a steady white.