Should I return my Bionic for a new one?

Jetster220

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
My phone was perfect for about a week, but now it has started to act buggy. It all started with the phone locking up while trying to use handcent and having to do a battery pull. Ever since it hasnt been right, its been more finicky with dropping data connections and not coming back, and having to toggle airplane mode. And just recently today, it locked up in my pocket, and started getting really warm, and I had to pull the battery out to restart it. So is this one turning lemon, should I exchange it for a new one?

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Try to do a factory reset on the device. You would have to do this anyway with a new device so try to save the hassle of driving to the store

LrdAnkh#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
i would uninstall handcent and see if that helps, i had trouble with that app myself besides i dont see what is so great about it the stock message works fine.

Jetster220

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Well I switched it out, and I must say it was a good decision, it was certainly a lemon. The new one seems much more solid, better built even. The battery door fits better, the ear piece speaker sounds better as well, (the old one had a weird rattle or something to it). I think I am going to quit buying phones on launch day, this is the second time I have gotten a phone on a launch day and it has had issues and I had to exchange it. Or I just have bad luck lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel