Upgraded sd card forBionic

goinflyn

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the 16gb micro sd is only a class 2 card. Would the camcorder/photo apps run faster with a higher class card, say a class 6 or 10?

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Conventional theory is the higher end video and he video you want to use the higher class is needed. I think I have a class 4 I got somewhere along the line that has no problem rocking my HD videos in full 1080. I do not take 10 minutes worth of videos or things like that, but I do roll to 5 minutes frequently. Play back is also not hindered.

So I guess what I am saying here is the more speed you want the more power you are going to need and that would lend itself toward a higher class card.

Second idea.... if you can afford that sucker.... buy it and have some fun knowing your media is smoking fast in loading and saving.... just cause you're cool!

Last edited:

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the 16gb micro sd is only a class 2 card. Would the camcorder/photo apps run faster with a higher class card, say a class 6 or 10?

If you plan on doing some 1080p I would suggest going to at least a Class 4. Beyond that, I doubt you'll notice much difference. It shouldn't make the "apps" themselves run any faster though (i.e., the lag time to boot camera, etc.)

Full disclosure: I have Class 10, which runs fine, but only bought that over a Clas 4 because I got a deal on it (and it was cheaper than the same-sized Class 4).

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I got a deal on 32gb sandisk class 4 card. It benchmarks higher then the class 4 spec. I've recorded 1080p video for up to 20 minutes without problem.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I got a deal on 32gb sandisk class 4 card. It benchmarks higher then the class 4 spec. I've recorded 1080p video for up to 20 minutes without problem.

Is this deal still on? Wouldn't mind snagging one of these for a good price.

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I found the deal on slickdeals.net, it seems to pop up pretty regularly on newegg for just a little over $30.

Do be careful ordering from third party sources (not newegg/amazon) the sandisk cards are often counterfitted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87