Keyboard Input is apparently disabled

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I try doing a search from within my email app or contact app and I believe some other apps my keyboard does not show the input in the search area. When I press on a key it shows in the little area above the keyboard but not in the search area above. Then when I input the second key it again shows in the little area above the keyboard but not in the search area.

I have several keyboards installed and have tried them all including the supplied keybiard with the Bionic.

I would appreciate any comments you have to fix this and also if you have experienced the probem.

idivorceyou

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem pretty regularly and never once considered changing screen orientation. I'll give it a shot next time. thanks for the tip.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have not had the problem again since I received the suggestion to change the orientation. If you have the problem would appreciate your feedback on this suggested "fix"

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Generally, if you long-press the menu key the virtual keyboard will toggle on and off. Not all apps support that, but almost all of them do.

idivorceyou

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the problem yesterday. tapped like a maniac and no text was appearing. I rotated from landscape to portrait. and back. I switched from thumb keyboard to another. nothing. I rebooted and it came back.
this does happen with some degree of frequency and my solution, so far, is to reboot. unless someone else has an idea...

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I certanly don't like your solution but if I must I will use it. My "freeze" does not happen often and has not happened since I received these suggestions.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried changing from landscape to portrait and also changed keyboard input but nothing helped, had to reboot which "fixed" the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non