Push email

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I have my droid setup with my GMAIL no problem. However, I cannot get access to my corporate email address on my device because Corporate disabled activesync. That being said, aside from using OWA which is a pain in the ass, how can I get my emails from corp on my device? Is there a paid app? Something that will make the interface nicer maybe using the OWA URL?

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem as corporate had active sync disabled for "security" reasons. corporate had me setup a gmail account and they forwarded a copy of everything to that address. It wasnt great, but at least I was getting all my emails. since then, we haev turned on active sync and its great!

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Whoever made the decision that forwarding everything to Google was a more secure solution than enabling ActiveSync needs to have their head examined. Sure, it might keep port 443 from getting beaten up as much as it otherwise might, but handing all of your corporate communications off to the biggest search engine on the planet requires an entirely new level of metaphor above "airing your company's dirty laundry." Security is a multifaceted endeavor, and it sounds like it's currently being handled by a fairly myopic crew.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I gave up hooking up my ns4 to our corporate email using the built in email accounts. There is a app called touchdown it works great still not able to get push email but I have it setup to sync every 5min. Let me know if have any questions. I have been using touchdown since the G1 days....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I gave up hooking up my ns4 to our corporate email using the built in email accounts. There is a app called touchdown it works great still not able to get push email but I have it setup to sync every 5min. Let me know if have any questions. I have been using touchdown since the G1 days....

Will this work if activesync is disabled? I am not so much worried about push email.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Touch down has a trial version so you can test and see if would work with your configuration... you have nothing to lose.

Way back when I bought it for 10 dollars not sure how much is it now. Good luck.

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah - it doesnt work. I can use OWA but its a PIA to do through a web browser.

Is there a OWA client out there that is worth while? I dont mind manually checking for new emails, I really just wanna ditch using a web browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89