Free Mobile Hot-spot!

gemjr

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi. This may be old news to some but I was reasearching on how I could possibly use my new Droid Bionic as a mobile hotspot without having to pay Verizon Wireless an additional fee for that priviledge!

:I found a free app called Foxfi and it does exactly what I was hoping!! You just open the app and active Wi-Fi Hotspot and bingo.... you can now share your existing data with a laptop, ipod Touch...whatever and there is no additional cost as it again draws from your existing data plan.

:)

MsRed

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
While old news, I have to say this is one of my favorite apps I've found in some time. Works great if I want to use my Kindle Fire (get updates, etc.).

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
When I'm on stock I just edited the entitlement check, but this doesn't require root. I'm on CM9 right now, so I just use the good old Wifi Tether app

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
When I'm on stock I just edited the entitlement check, but this doesn't require root. I'm on CM9 right now, so I just use the good old Wifi Tether app

That's what I did too, although i'm paying for the double data with hotspot option. I just got annoyed at it hitting the entitlement web service every time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress