please help

BJsDroid

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a droid bionic, each and every day, I have to do two or three battery pulls to get my internet back up and running. I have tried everything, because i love the bionic. but all this battery pulling is making me sick. verizon said they will give me a razor maxx in exchange. before I do that, is there anyway to get my bionic working like it should. And also does the razor maxx have the same problem. thankks for all replys

JAI428

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
trolling the forums because I am having similar problems. Having several data outage issues ever since the last update about 5-6 weeks ago. Not having to pull battery though, but doing a power down/up at times. Called Verizon, they did some kind of reset, had me restart phone. All my setting were already correct.

They said if I continue having problems, they would send another phone..... I don't want to play the resend phone game, did that already with last OG droid six times.

One thing I notice though, when i do have data and hit facebook, GPS kicks on, and data immediately goes away. Data is so unreliable now.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue like that with my fascinate.....had verizon do a soft reset and all was good.....with the bionic I only use it in 3g mode and I never would lose a signal.....the 3g to 4g handoff on the bionic blows......I put one of the ics leaks on and the phone is ten times better......

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I deleted Facebook because it did the same thing. Killed data and turned on the location icon (GPS). I can use the browser to access Facebook

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tedbearclaw

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Take the razor!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Or upgrade to the ICS .232 leak. I was in the same boat with signal issues for at least the last 6months and 2 nights ago I bit the bullet and installed the ICS .232 leak and now my Bionic is a whole NEW phone again! NO signal issues. The 3G/4G handoff is flawless.

Either way you can't lose :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Well...its not way better.....i loved my Bionic and still miss it even though the Maxx has been a little better. But i never had problems with my Bionic other than the occasional data loss. I only switched for the battery.

Sent via Droid Razr Maxx

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I just spent almost 2 hours with tech support working through data dropping problems. First, let me say that VZW Chat staff ROCK!! The person helping me was very attentive and skipped right to the next level of support when shared what I'd already done to remedy the problems. Long story short, my phone is now is some weird reset loop and VZW is sending me a new one. I'm not sure what we did, but it is definitely FUBAR for the operating system at this point.

I have all Google Play Store or Amazon AppStore apps on my phone. Nothing funky.

I love the potential of the Bionic (I bought it the first week). But, the last OS update made it so much worse. I'm having all kinds of random resets, the phone is freezing up and more since the update. Lately, I can barely even run a program without it locking up. I think the Bionic is slowly melting down.

I don't know what they are sending me for a replacement.

Motorola clearly needs to work with VZW on this issue (maybe will be addressed in the ICS update). But, it also feels like M and VZW have moved past the Bionic to full love and support for Razr line. Some days it sucks to be an early adopter. But, I waited out as long as I thought I could last fall to get off my pokey and limited D2.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with all manufacturers? I went through several D1's. In fact I have a brand new one in my drawer from the last replacement. I went through 2 D2s. And now I'm on my second Bionic.

I am fully on board with Android. I love the potential of Motorola (first to have HDMI output!!). But, the constant hardware and software problems are beyond frustrating.

Rant concluded.

Short version. Contact VZW for support (internet chat works great). And trust that they will work through the problem to the best conclusion.

I just wish there was a program that would do a diagnostic on the phone and tell you which programs are causing crashes and problems (including system apps). It is the not knowing that is the worst.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Update on my travails. My Bionic went into a reset loop that was nearly unstoppable. It went on for hours. Restart, load, restart. And go again. I pulled the sim card and microSD card and it seems to have stopped the reset loop. It loaded and stayed!! However, it is sluggish and locking up. This Droid is toast. Hopefully, its replacement arrives soon.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463