ICS Bionic supersonic after battery pull

anon(7773)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
After the ICS update my phone got slower and had more glitches every time I used it until I read about pulling the battery and waiting a couple of minutes.
I can't believe the difference it made. My thoughts of an expensive upgrade have been put aside for now!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Did that totally solve your issues?

I can imagine some other stuff creeping back up as you've cut the device off from doing it's own adjustments.

anon(7773)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
The main problem was way too much lag time with everything i did. I had cleaned up old apps prior to the update because i was also cleaning up my home computers at the time.
Mini dolphin browser wouldn't load Web pages 90% of the time and so far that seems to be resolved.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeesh, I've cleaned the cache, rebooted many times and done a FDR, and I'm still not thrilled with ICS. Specifically, I find the camera app and my corporate email take way too long to load. The OS seems speedy otherwise, but those two take 20 seconds to launch if I haven't used them in a while. Facebook is similar, except it also crashes a lot. (I uninstalled the updates to FB and restored it to the factory version and it works OK now.) I don't know if one of my apps is causing conflicts, but I actually miss GB, even if it was uglier.

Update: I may have spoken too soon. I disabled some of the bloatware, uninstalled a bit more (as much as ICS allows without rooting) and things are looking up. I've no idea what the conflict was, but this is good news!

Last edited:

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
What bloatware did you disable?

I wish someone would write a FAQ on how to optimize ICS Bionic...

The ones in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/219153-droid-bionic-apps-safe-disable-now-you-ics.html

While I still think it's good to disable bloat, now I'm not so sure it solved my problem as this AM things are back to where they were ... I really don't wanna FDR again, but I'm really curious to see if I was at square one and just added my work email, would it still take forever to load? How about the camera? Those apps shouldn't be so laggy - I expect third party apps to sometimes not work well, but not core ones. I was bored with GB a little, and I like the look/features of ICS, but I'm not liking it on the Bionic so far.

anon(7773)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I reinstalled mini browser and it usually won't load pages. The default browser seems to be running very well. Camera is more responsive since the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress