Replacement Bionic not seeing all data on SD card

Vampy

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It's been so long since I've replaced a phone I'm stumped by this. Verizon just sent me a replacement Bionic because mine started to REALLY flake out. I got it all set up and apps installed without issue (and it does seem to be running smoother than my old one). My issue is when I went to restore data to some of my apps from the SD card they are telling me nothing is found. Also all the ringtones and notifications I had installed on the SD card are gone too. Is there some kind of permissions deal I need to undo to make this data visible on the new phone? My biggest concern is my Shift Worker app I use to track my work schedule and all my overtime. I had it back up to SD before I switched phones. Now, on the new phone, it's telling me there isn't any data on the SD card. When I go to the SD card in Astro most of the folders now say they are "empty" The exceptions being my Music, documents and photos in the DCIM directory. Any suggestions?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Um I have a bad feeling you had these backed up to your internal and not external. What did you use to back them up? Are you rooted?

sent from my icy Bionic with jellybeans on the side

Vampy

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The apps did their own backups to the sd card. I even made sure the backups where there before i changed phones. I can see the folders but yhe files arent there. Same for the folders where i had my personal ringtones and notifications. I can find folders, just no files.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Wait, apps don't make their own backups. I'm pretty sure you're confusing internal and external SD. I think you had all your stuff on internal and when you swapped devices, all gone.

Vampy

May 14, 2010
Visit site
MyShiftWorker has an option in its settings to "back up data to sd card" and "restore from sd card" which i used. This wrote a data file to the sd card. I verified this. All my custom ring tones and notifications where on the sd card. I created the directories and put the files there myself via my computer when i first got the phone. Like i said, all the directories are there but the files arent.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I'm lost then...never used that program. Sorry. I'm still thinking SD card might mean internal and not external. Did you send the old one back already?

Vampy

May 14, 2010
Visit site
No...when i get home i plan to try puttung the card back in my old phone and see if they are available agaun and try moving them off to my computer. I wss just curious if thrre was some security enable i wasnt aware of that protects the files from being acccessed by another ohone

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No Sd special security. Did you get it sorted out?

Vampy

May 14, 2010
Visit site
uNFORTUNATELY NO, sorry caps lock. I put the SD card back in my old phone and it couldn't see the files either. It's like when I booted up the new phone it created whole new file structure, moved the files it recognized and then deleted the rest. I even double checked my old phones internal memory and nothing was there as I kept almost everything on the SD card. So I'm baffled. I even tried putting the SD card directly in my computer...still nothing. All the directories are there, just no files in them. The "partition" that the new phone created does have a different directory structure than what was in the one I had on my old phone. Luckily it wasn't anything TOO valuable other than a couple custom ring tones and those data files for my Scheduler app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana