Power Control widget gone since Nova Laucher

snowboard052

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I installed nova launcher to my bionic and ever since installing it the stock power control widget is gone. I know there are plenty of the third party apps that are better but the key feature I used was the GPS toggle. None of the apps have a one touch GPS toggle, instead it opens the location settings page and I have to turn it on that way after re-agreeing to the consents.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get it back with having to do a factory reset?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I installed nova launcher to my bionic and ever since installing it the stock power control widget is gone. I know there are plenty of the third party apps that are better but the key feature I used was the GPS toggle. None of the apps have a one touch GPS toggle, instead it opens the location settings page and I have to turn it on that way after re-agreeing to the consents.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get it back with having to do a factory reset?

You can turn nova launcher off... Nova settings > select default home > then select "launcher" and that's your stock launcher.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried that, and even uninstalled it completely and restarted my phone. The power control widget still is in the widgets list anywhere.

I'm curious, did you recently update to Jelly Bean? If so, it might be in the toggles setting thing that comes with JB. I haven't used a Bionic, but I'm pretty familiar with Nova Launcher. On my phone you can get to the toggles by hitting the grid of squares in the notification pull down. Sorry I can't be of more help, I was really answering because I thought it was a Nova issue, but if I remember right the Bionic had an OTA to JB 4.1 about a month ago.

snowboard052

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, did you recently update to Jelly Bean? If so, it might be in the toggles setting thing that comes with JB. I haven't used a Bionic, but I'm pretty familiar with Nova Launcher. On my phone you can get to the toggles by hitting the grid of squares in the notification pull down. Sorry I can't be of more help, I was really answering because I thought it was a Nova issue, but if I remember right the Bionic had an OTA to JB 4.1 about a month ago.

Yeah just recently upgraded to JB about a month ago. I've tried looking this problem up and appears a lot of other people had problems with the widget disappearing after installing either apex launcher or nova launcher. So it has something to do with these two launchers that makes the stock power control widget disappear, because the forums I saw these other people having problems was also months ago so I don't think it's JB specific. So far there has only been one fix ive found so far and that is a factory reset. Trying to avoid that option though haha

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted, Nova can be installed as a system app and wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, and data are true toggles to turn them on/off with one touch. No going through the settings menu. I prefer the Nova toggles because there are many more options, including a 1% battery icon. Without installing Nova as a system app, you just get to settings.

snowboard052

May 24, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted, Nova can be installed as a system app and wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, and data are true toggles to turn them on/off with one touch. No going through the settings menu. I prefer the Nova toggles because there are many more options, including a 1% battery icon. Without installing Nova as a system app, you just get to settings.

The more I see "fix it with root", the more I consider finally rooting my phone... haha

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I got my apps mixed up. Nova is a launcher and I meant to say 'Notification Toggles' is an app that more than replaces the power widget. Since installing it as a system app, I've never wanted the power widget again. Sorry about that. I do use Nova and Notification Toggles works great with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87