Upgrade on the fence- Bionic vs. Revolution

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been a Blackberry Storm 2 user the past 2 years (my first smartphone and can't wait to get rid of it) and never had an android phone before. I more or less have my choices narrowed down to the Moto Bionic and the Lg Revolution. I just keep going back and forth between them. More or less I tieter when I hear one thing for one then the other comes out with something that catches my eye. I was just hoping to get some pro's and con's from well....the pro's LOL. You guys use Android phones day in and day out and are more versed in them than I possibly could hope to be. I know there will be a toll or fanboy (every forum has em) to skew overall results to one extreme or the other but anything helps.

Last edited:

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been a Blackberry Storm 2 user the past 2 years (my first smartphone and can't wait to get rid of it) and never had an android phone before. I more or less have my choices narrowed down to the Moto Bionic and the Lg Revolution. I just keep going back and forth between them. More or less I tieter when I hear one thing for one then the other comes out with something that catches my eye. I was just hoping to get some pro's and con's from well....the pro's LOL. You guys use Android phones day in and day out and are more versed in them than I possibly could hope to be. I know there will be a toll or fanboy (every forum has em) to skew overall results to one extreme or the other but anything helps.

I know what you mean I am using the Storm1. I have had the Droid X gave it to my wife to get the Bionic!!!

I am getting the Bionic because it is the Future ... When it gets the Ice cream Sandwich update then it will be Optimized for Dual Core... The LG Revolution is single core. I attached a comparison of the 2 phones it is up to you to decide..

Compare phones: Motorola DROID BIONIC, LG Revolution - Phone Arena

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
They will both be great phones but think the bionic may have the edge as far as specs. If your into open who knows bing kinda turned me off of the revolution. But I like the fascinate more than my d2 so who knows wait and use both before making a decision

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So....
Does the larger capacity battery on the Bionic allow for longer usage or hope to fuel a device that is too thirsty?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
So....
Does the larger capacity battery on the Bionic allow for longer usage or hope to fuel a device that is too thirsty?

The verdict is still out on that. "Theoretically", the dual-core will be better for battery life, but does that depend on a operating system that takes advantage of it? I'd say it would. Also, with the rumors of the Thunderbolt's battery issues being related to LTE use, it may need the extra juice when using LTE. It's really gonna take some real-world use to figure this out IMO. But, having the big battery to begin with is definitely a step in the right direction either way.

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
hands down bionic

the next gen snapdragon as good as it is, can't compare to the tegra 2 chip. just look at the quadrant scores for the atrix vs thunderbolt. plus the screen res is a lot more. you'll also get tegrazone games that will work great.

on the hacking side, once devs get hold of how to fully use of the tegra 2 power, you'll see some amazing speeds.

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd definitely go with the bionic too. The hardware is amazing and I've always found motorola android devices to be pretty awesome. Even the OG Droid, which even though nowadays it's old news, is still awesome in it's own right (I still use it and love it).

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I was going to get the t-bolt, I am now leaning towards the bionic. The only thing I am worried about is a locked bootloader. I don't really know much about LG phones but I know Moto makes quality phones, heck I'm still rocking the OG Droid

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I was going to get the t-bolt, I am now leaning towards the bionic. The only thing I am worried about is a locked bootloader. I don't really know much about LG phones but I know Moto makes quality phones, heck I'm still rocking the OG Droid

I heard that the TB will have a locked boot-loader also... I am not a person who roots my phone so I am just waiting for the Bionic...

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Where's ur info on this AFAIK TBolt was unlocked... :confused:

The HTC G2 and Desire HD were locked. However, developers found a way to permanently root the phones rather quickly, effectively unlocking them. I expect the same for the TB. The same cannot be said for newer Motorola phones (ie. X, D2G, but not OG Droid), as their security protocols are much harder to get around. HTC phones are much more hacker-friendly than Moto phones, plain and simple. There will be many more mods available for the TB than the Bionic. If you do not care to root and ROM your phone, than this is a non-issue.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
To clear things up a bit:
-All phones nowadays have locked bootloaders
-Nexus phones have unlockable bootloaders by design
-Others must be hacked a bit to allow unlocking the bootloader.

Now,
-NO phones have encrypted bootloaders
-Motorola phones have signed bootloaders. (It's just as bad though, for all intents and purposes)

And finally,
-Motorola phones can still be rooted, flash ROMs, and use all root exploits. The signed bootloader only keeps custom kernels from being flashed.