Stuck in EE1....unrooted

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So i rooted installed gummy jar hated it unrooted into a bootloop went back and forth for 2 hours to finally unrooted in EE1 any ideas how to get back to EE4?

I shoulda never rooted...

Edit its not EE1 its ed1

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
if you still are having issues, give the step by step instructions in this thread a try: http://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...l-modem-ed2-odin-package-last-resort-fix.html

You had your DX rooted so you know the upsides to it. It is just a bit different with Samsung products to get the job done. I am not pushing you at all to root, that is your decision alone, but once you do it a few times it will be old hat and worth it when you find the right ROM. Again, it is your decision though

Tueyjr

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Just so you know, If you can get into download mode at all, all is well. I was rooting my phone at work, and in the middle of the voodoo file conversion I remembered a call I needed to make and, without thinking, disconnected my phone. It was done at that point. No buttons would work and no lights came on.

I followed the instructions above, accept I loaded the ee4 package, and got back to stock. Then I re-rooted and all went well. Ill agree that it is your choice, but I feel like rooting opened this phone up to me.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I must say I came from blackberrys to android and love it......this site has been great.....read and you can find almost everything you need.....I have bricked my phone a few times and Odin takes care of it no sweat.....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
When you are flashing it with odin, are you putting the battery back in after getting into download mode? The. Charge is weird like that
Charged up post!

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
There is a EE4 Odin file that works well. I have used it 2x. Definitely put the battery back in after you get into download mode. I was hating life when I first started using odin on the charge. Thought I bricked it at one point as it would not reboot,