[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

muzhik

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Ok downgraded to ed1, got update to ee4 , odin ab4.0. checked to see if i still had the i510.06 v ee4 , sch-1510.ee1 and yes that is what it says in the baseband version. dont know if it helps anyone. just thought i would see if it could be done.:eek:

did you have to do factory reset? or just cleared cache?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Right now I am still on stock EE4 waiting, hoping for AB VX.x to arrive. I plan to follow the general guidelines which would come with flashing this ROM via Odin. I am sticking with AB it has worked for me, and I look forward to DroidXcon's & GunnerMike's hard work.

Since you flash AB via Odin you really don't have a need to "root" it before hand or install CWM Recovery since he includes all into a single .tar file build.

mcnasty150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried 4.1.1. Would if I knew that cwm was installed correctly. At work now and away from my PC. Have u gave it a shot. My phone didn't display the pictures right

muzhik

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I haven't tried 4.1.1. Would if I knew that cwm was installed correctly. At work now and away from my PC. Have u gave it a shot. My phone didn't display the pictures right

just updated it to 4.1.1 - no problems so far,

Posted from AB 4.1.1 using Tapatalk

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
so what you guys are saying is that if we update to EE4, and then upload the altered beast, then it will work fine? no bricking or anything?

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey miss Julie. What changes did you make to build.prop? Trying to stop but no luck after changing all the ED2 references to EE4.

I just changed all five ED2's in build.prop to EE4, then rebooted. It worked on my Charge and 2 others I did it to too - no more update notifications. Patiently waiting for updated AB :)

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
hey guys so just flashed the ROM, first off great job DroidX its awesome, I had performed the EE4 update prior to flashing and afterwards Im back on ED2 and the phone is prompting me to do a system update however when I allow the phone to perform it, the phone starts the update and about halfway through it stops and a triangle with the android appears and the phone just freezes on that screen untill I pull the battery. Any options? Thanks in advance!

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
hey guys so just flashed the ROM, first off great job DroidX its awesome, I had performed the EE4 update prior to flashing and afterwards Im back on ED2 and the phone is prompting me to do a system update however when I allow the phone to perform it, the phone starts the update and about halfway through it stops and a triangle with the android appears and the phone just freezes on that screen untill I pull the battery. Any options? Thanks in advance!

My understanding is that AB4 is an ED2 based ROM meaning that if you have the EE4 update, AB won't work - although some have claimed that they have done this, I'm not sure how... seems to me it shouldn't work.

My guess is that - if you flashed AB4 - you ended up with voodoo enabled. Accepting the EE4 update while on voodoo would likely be the problem. Assuming this is correct, I believe your only option would be to un-voodoo and reflash ED1 downgrade and then decide what to do from there. Take the EE4 update and go with Gummy ROM (along with voodoo, cwm - read how to do this), or wait for DroidXcon to bring his ROM up to EE4. Personally I am waiting a few more days on ED2/AB4.1.1 before bailing on his rom because I like it so darn much.

I'll gladly accept any and all corrections. Coming from an OG Droid, I am new to alot of this Samsung stuff.

It will be great to have a fully working cwm with backup/restore so its easier to bounce around and try different ROMs, but for now it is what it is.

Good luck.

Reactions: jkeene81

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to do anything to your phones to get it to accept the update?

To be clear, one phone is bone stock which was updated from ED1 to ED2 to EE4. The other 2 are still on ED2 / AB 4.1.1. I merely changed the build.prop on those 2 phones from ED2 to EE4 so I'd quit getting update notifications. I'm waiting for an EE4 update for AB (v5?) on those 2 phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty